Class B CDL Driver/Service SpecialistReq # JR - 025175 Location Baltimore, Maryland Job Category CDL Date posted 07/31/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Service Specialist is responsible for safely operating an 18 to 24-foot commercial vehicle while delivering dialysis products to a diverse home patient base, as well as, kidney dialysis centers. Home patient visits consist of delivering dialysis solution, rotation of stock, and order accuracy assurance with occasional order pick-ups and returns.
This position is physically demanding and requires this person to make deliveries in challenging locations as our customer base resides in urban and rural localities. Home deliveries will require the incumbent to deliver up to, and at times in excess of, 45 cases per delivery.
The Service Specialist works closely with multiple levels of the supply chain; including but not limited to, dialysis patients, regional office staff, customer service team, and healthcare professionals.
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDL); Air Brake endorsement and MVR check must meet minimum standards
- Valid Medical Card
- Minimum of 1 year of driving comparable equipment
- Have acceptable Comprehensive Safety Analysis (CSA) score
- Pass DOT drug test and physical
- Pass background check
- Pass Industrial Capabilities Test
- Must be able to perform multiple day routes that include overnight travel
- Must be able to obtain License for Material handling equipment. Training and test performed by Baxter trained instructors. Must be able to use multiple pieces of equipment to perform duties including but not limited to loading and unloading vehicles
- Follow all safety rules for equipment use and driving outlined by Baxter and DOT
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Maintain driver HOS log using Electronic Logging Device (ELD)
- Must be able to properly maintain HOS log manually in event ELD is not available
- Must understand and comply with all DOT rules and requirements
- Ability to adequately distinguish colors to identify product labels
- Ability to effectively work with a diverse customer base (internal and external)
- Good computer skills essential to maintain required online training
- Must be professional, courteous, and self-motivated
- Must possess effective problem resolution skills
- Must be able to meet physical demand of position
- Prior inside delivery experience a plus
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as lift gates, ramps, pallet jacks, walkie rider, Liftkar (stair climbers)
- Work productively and effectively in extreme cold and/or extreme heat
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Working environment encompasses all areas of a distribution center, tractor trailer, patient homes, and dialysis centers
- Repetitive lifting and moving of cases weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequent entering and exiting of vehicle
- Frequent bending, crouching, twisting, reaching, grasping, climbing, and balancing
- Frequent kneeling, squatting and wrist turning
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.