Class B CDL Driver/Service SpecialistReq # JR - 022732 Location Baltimore, Maryland, United States Job Category CDL Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Responsible for the safe delivery and pick up of dialysis products to home kidney dialysis patients and dialysis centers.
Responsibilities include driving an 18 to 24 foot straight truck, delivering supplies inside residential homes, rotating stock, inventory checks, and pick up and return of supplies.
This is a Field Distribution position of the Supply Chain Division of Baxter HealthCare Corporation. Incumbent must work closely with internal and external customers. Position requires professionalism and courtesy in all phases of the job. When confronted with a problem while making deliveries, this person will be equipped with a list of contacts that can be used for problem resolution. Problem resolution skills are required. Must be computer literate and it would be helpful to have Electronic Logging Device (ELD) or handheld device experience from previous work history. Following Standard Operating Procedures and safe driving practices are essential. This person drives a truck 6-12 hours a day, handles product, rotation of stock, repositioning of product based on customer preference, accurate record keeping of Department of Transportation (DOT) logs and paperwork as required by Baxter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Driving a CDL straight truck 35-45%
- Delivering Supplies 30%
- Rotating Supplies 05%
- Inventory Checks 03%
- Loading trucks-varies with location 05%
- Vehicle Inspections 02%
- Paperwork/computer entry 05%
- Picking up supplies for return to warehouse 05%
Physical Context Work Environment:
- This position is primarily heavy physical work with frequent lifting; carrying objects 25-37 pounds or more on a repetitive basis. An average delivery consists of 30 cases, at 824 pounds. Each case is lifted from the floor of the truck, or a stack, (possibly chest high), and placed on a hand truck, wheeled into a patient’s home, then lifted off the hand truck and placed on the floor, or lifted onto an existing stack.
The Incumbent works:
- In a warehouse 15%
- In truck driving 40%
- In patient’s home making deliveries 45%
- Driving a truck in variable weather conditions
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck loaded (total weight of 165-200 lbs)
- Lifts include - dead lifts up stairs, into basements, or into a garage
- Often requires pulling out an aluminum ramp or liftgate from the truck
- Manual lifting of cartons
- Hydraulic liftgates or aluminum ramp
- Electric powered hand truck (Liftkar®) assists with carrying loads up and down stairs
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Leather and latex and/or nitrile gloves
- Steel Toe Shoes
- Ice Cleats or other such devices
Qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Position requires all new hires to pass the physical agility testing requirements. A Service Specialist must be physically capable of performing the following daily activities:
- Stand 40-70%
- Sit 40%
- Kneel 15-20%
- Overhead Reach 40%
- Talk 15%
- Walk 40-70%
- Stoop 40%
- Crouch 15%
- Hear 15-30%
- Handle materials 70+%
- Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls 6 -7 cartons weighing 33 lbs. each, total weight of 231 pounds up to 40%
- Dead lifts if Liftkar should fail
- Climb into and exit a large straight truck numerous times per day
- Climb several flights of stairs multiple times per day
- Walk on uneven surfaces or inclines - outdoors; often during inclement weather
- Handle a lift gate, Liftkar and pallet jack – numerous times per shift
- Have the ability to see 20 feet or more, 20 inches or less and to judge distances and space
- Have the ability to see peripherally and to adjust vision to bring objects into focus
- Adequate color discrimination to read labels and identify traffic signals
- Math and computer skills are required for calculation and computer entry
- Experience with handheld and truck mounted Electronic Logging Device(s)
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Ability to understand and adhere to DOT requirements
- Must pass DOT examination requirements and random drug screening as directed
- Regular attendance is necessary to perform essential functions of the job
- From time to time, incumbent’s supervisor may assign additional unlisted duties/responsibilities on a temporary basis depending on business needs
Education and/or Experience.
- Age 21 years with a minimum of a high school graduation or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years driving comparable equipment and delivery experience
- Minimum of Class B Commercial Driver’s License
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.