Sr. Human Resources Manager/Business Partner, Medical Device Manufacturing PlantReq # JR - 019581 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Alternate Location : ON0100 - Mississauga Job Category Human Resources Date posted 04/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Sr. Human Resources Manager/Business Partner, Medical Device Manufacturing Plant
- Provide HR support and leadership for our Alliston manufacturing plant, a 600-employee facility.
- Drives/influences/manages initiatives related to organization and management team effectiveness, organization design, drives execution/implementation of HR processes/systems across the site
- As the solo site-based HR professional (with ready access to varied Centers of Excellence), this is a working manager role with the opportunity to work directly with the local employee population and partner strategically with leadership.
- Reporting to the Sr. HR Director supporting Americas Solutions Region Operations, this role is part of a team of US/Canada and Latin America based HR professionals with a collaborative and continuous improvement mindset.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of business objectives and desired organizational culture.
- Process HR Operational Transactions related to HRIS (Workday) and timekeeping/payroll (Kronos) systems.
- Drive initiatives to improve efficiencies and cost savings
- Consult with management on a variety of HR and business-related issues, both strategic and operational.
- Manage day-to-day employee relations, staffing, and compensation issues in partnership with managers and external partners.
- Support organization wide talent planning initiatives (in partnership with talent management CoE) including assessment, calibration, development planning and succession planning.
- Support remediation activities happening at site level
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation and HR Training programs.
- Manage recordkeeping and filing system through knowledge of Microsoft Applications and specialized software/systems in HR related field.
- Support employee promotion and hiring process; develop or update job descriptions, attend job fairs, assist with developing performance expectations.
- Support all compliance requirements and ensure ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment.
- Flexibility to work across a 5-day, 3-shift operation
- Strong knowledge of both national and provincial employment law
- Strong foundational HR knowledge and experience in training, compensation, performance management, change management and organizational design. Demonstrated application of those skills and partnership with HR Centers of Expertise.
- A proven track record of disciplined action and execution in Human Resource roles.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with management team and to coach and influence decision making of senior leaders.
- Strong teamwork orientation and collaborative approach.
- Excellent communication, influence and listening skills.
- Strong project and process management skills.
- Employee relations experience; experience working with employees to rollout processes or policies, resolve issues, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- Able to question “status quo”, drive innovation and strong level of accountability
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's in Human Resources or Business preferred.
- 10+ years of HR experience that includes at least 5 years of generalist experience. Health Care, R&D and/or manufacturing plant background preferred.
- Experience managing a large hourly workforce
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.