Operational Excellence ManagerReq # JR - 025162 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Additional Locations 40 Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 07/30/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary role of the Operational Excellence Manager is to identify and lead business transformational improvement projects across the Plant that remove waste, take out complexity, and simplify our operations. Also the individual in this role is accountable for creating a culture of continuous improvement across the site by establishing systems and processes that empower employees and hold site managers accountable to also identify and make incremental changes that improve efficiencies throughout the plant.
Major Responsibilities / Activities
- Ensures the plant has a pipeline of cost improvement (VIP) projects and other initiatives which will ensure the Plant’s P/L will meet all financial goals and targets for the current year and over the strategic planning period.
- Identifies Cost reduction projects by evaluating the organization for waste and complexity and identifying solutions. Understands Plant requirements and translates these into actions for quality and process improvement by interacting with employees and other teams teams.
- Coordinates, drives, leads, and executes improvement projects and initiatives by meeting/exceeding business needs.
- Identifies and eliminates process waste by continually driving a cultural shift in the organization with sustainable results.
- Creates key strategic and tactical plans, key performance metrics, and dashboards to drive the Plant’s OPEX program. Monitors progress of improvement projects by comparing actual costs with estimates. This position also indirectly leads a team of Blackbelts and Greenbelts spread throughout the organization focused on driving continuous improvement activities through the organization.
- Provides training in a variety of continuous improvement tools (six sigma, lean, 6S..) and provides mentorship to small kaizen and six sigma teams focused on rapid improvements as needed.
- Improves baseline performance relative to cost, quality, cycle time and customer satisfaction by delivering business results through enabling the leadership team throughout the Plant.
- Establishes strategies, determines priorities, project goals and assess results by working with plant leadership.
- Cultivate a ‘Lean Thinking’ approach within the team.
- Support ongoing employee development through practical and educational opportunities (ie Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management training).
- Ensure team and individual performance alignment and attainment
- University Degree
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- University course in Microbiology in addition to above
- Project Management experience within a GMP environment
- Change Management experience within a GMP environment
- Supervisory experience in the manufacture of sterile drugs within a GMP environment
- Experience implementing Lean Enterprise in manufacturing environment, practical experience using Lean tools
- Must have 5-10 years of experience in an Operational Excellence manufacturing environment
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills
- Be able to provide detailed examples of projects Identified and Led which lowered cost or improved efficiency in a manufacturing operation that drove significant savings for the business.
- Strong process and project management capabilities
- Must be extremely proficient in all continuous improvement tools and techniques (DMAIC, Lean, 6s..)
- Ability to partner with a variety of stakeholders effectively with superior influencing and interpersonal skills
- Understand the fundamental processes associated with a pharmaceutical manufacturing operation
- Solid coaching and interpersonal skills, to motivate team members to excel; address conflict issues
- Strong analytical skills, to gather data to identify and address problems
- Experience leading large teams with indirect reporting relationships
- Experience creating and sustaining a continuous improvement culture throughout an organization greater than 400 employees
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must display personal accountability for results and integrity.
- Must have be results oriented with a high level of energy
- Must be able to challenge the status quo and lead organizational change
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn new material quickly and demonstrate high potential for continued professional growth
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.