Maintenance Millwright - Midnight WeekendReq # JR - 023579 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 07/02/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain and troubleshoot plant equipment. Manufacture prototype equipment and machine components. When machinery breaks down, troubleshoot and repair, with regard to minor electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and servo aspects. Perform maintenance shop tasks.Perform preventative maintenance on machinery and building
Major Responsibilities / Activities
- Take breakdown calls as primary or backup status as assigned.
- Effectively complete planned work order requests and feedback conditions and observations for improvements.
- Maintain machinery.Troubleshoot & repair with regard to minor electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and servo aspects.
- Fabricate, install, service and modify prototype or specialized equipment and machine components from blue prints or sketches.
- Perform machining on diversified work to fine tolerances.
- Perform Maintenance shop tasks and fabrication as required. Operate lathes, mills, drills, saws, surface grinder and welding equipment to include passivating as required
- Perform preventative maintenance on Machinery and Building
- Successful completion of Highschool Diploma or GED
- Must hold a valid provincial certification as an Industrial Millwright Mechanic Licence 433A
- Proof of apprenticeship
- PLC knowledge.
- Demonstrated use of advanced trouble shooting and diagnostic skills to determine the root cause of a complex machine failure.
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible to work overtime on short notice
- Coverage for production overtime Saturdays and winter and summer plant shutdown is mandatory
- Strong communication skills are required with the ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and schedule effectively in support of production priorities.
- Basic level of proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Previous experience and ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and any other technical system documents.
- Lathe Operation, Milling Machine Operation, Surface Grinding, Layout/Design(Machining), Fabrication, Welding (stainless steel & TIG).
- Forklift and Skyjack certified
- High wages and attractive Shift Premiums
- Vacation eligibility will be in -line with years of continuous/relevant trade work/experience
- Personal Hand tools provided by Baxter
- Benefits effective hire date
- Medical/Dental options
- STD/LTD/Life Insurance Pension Plan (FREE company provided and additional matching available)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Gain Share
- Attendance bonus program
- Uniforms provided
- Great work environment
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.