Maintenance Electrician - Weekend DaysReq # JR - 023586 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Additional Locations 36 Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 07/02/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform electrical and mechanical maintenance on all production and facility equipment and systems. Provide electrical services to all machinery and plant facilities. Trouble Shoot PLC Programs and Programmable Controllers. Perform preventative maintenance on production and support equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Take breakdown calls as primary or backup status as assigned.
- Install new electrical services with or without electrical drawings.
- Mark wiring changes on drawings.
- Design and draw electrical services for machinery.
- Perform electrical maintenance on Radio Frequency generators.
- Work with Industrial Mechanics on machinery repairs, maintain machinery.
- Troubleshoot & repair with regard to minor electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and servo aspects.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance on all equipment as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must hold a valid provincial certification as an Industrial Electrician licence (442A)
- Proof of apprenticeship
- Must have PLC knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated use of advanced trouble shooting and diagnostic skills to determine the root cause of a complex machine failure.
- Experience working in a Fast-paced environment
- Previous Manufacturing experience in a GMP environment
- Experience in food or manufacturing industry
- Previous experience with (Radio Frequency) Heat Sealing welding process.
- Practical experience using Lean tools (6S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping).
- Years of Experience : 3 – 5 (inclusive of apprenticeship hours)
- Flexible to work overtime on short notice. Coverage for production overtime Saturdays and winter and summer plant shutdown is mandatory.
- Strong communication skills are required with the ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to be proactive and self-motivated on the job.
- Previous experience with MOTOMAN & Allen Bradley is a strong asset.
- Must have a good working knowledge of all production and support equipment and procedures according to
- Must have a good working knowledge of all maintenance procedures i.e.) welding machining etc. according to job description.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and schedule effectively in support of production priorities.
- Basic level of proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Previous experience and ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and any other technical system documents.
Why Baxter ?
- High wages and attractive Shift Premiums
- Vacation eligibility will be in -line with years of continuous/relevant trade work/experience
- Personal Hand tools provided by Baxter
- Benefits effective hire date
- Medical/Dental options
- STD/LTD/Life Insurance Pension Plan (FREE company provided and additional matching available)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Gain Share
- Attendance bonus program
- Uniforms provided
- Great work environment
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.