Lab CoordinatorReq # JR - 024950 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 08/20/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the ongoing operation of the Microbiology laboratory by handling the preparation and ordering of media, chemicals/reagents, and office supply inventory (including reconciliation), monitoring expiry dates and supply levels, receiving/logging of samples, closing controlled forms in the controlled forms system, collecting daily/weekly/quarterly water samples and maintaining 6S of the laboratory.
Major Responsibilities / Activities
- Perform reviews of reagents/media/chemicals to ensure adequate stock of non-expired materials.
- Maintain the labware supplies, including autoclaved materials.
- Perform general housekeeping duties/6S and weekly/monthly cleaning of the QC Microbiology laboratory.
- Perform temperature checks of incubators/fridges.
- Prepare and/or order materials such as, but not limited to, chemical reagents, media, endotoxin standards, other lab and office supplies.
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels to ensure continuous operation in the labs.
- Successful completion of High School diploma.
- General pharmaceutical manufacturing experience (Quality, Manufacturing or other supportive departmental functions)
- Physical aspects to this position require standing for extended periods of time. Some physical strength required periodically in order to maneuver heavy containers (50-100 lbs) for sampling.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.