Kiefel Operator - Weekend DaysReq # JR - 073031 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 06/14/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
In this role, you will play a critical role in supporting the following duties in the Kiefel department. The Kiefel Operator assumes the responsibility for running the Kiefel machines and ensure proper materials are used. Make minor adjustments as necessary to produce a quality product. Operate PVC Grinder and Blender operation. Perform all necessary Q.A. and documentation for the Kiefel department and release of product.
The role of a Talent Specialist focuses on developing your recruiting capability within a defined set of roles to help hone your candidate evaluation skills whilst delivering a great candidate experience and specialist knowledge about the role. Your pace, accuracy and organizational skills will ensure that all logistical aspects of the Talent Acquisition process are executed with precision and a high, customer service orientation.
Due to the nature of our business, Baxter follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) which requires our employees to focus on cleanliness and contamination control. Other aspects of GMP that must be observed are no makeup or jewelry in the production areas.
- Operate the Kiefel, SAPA, Grinder and Blender in a safe manner
- Perform QA inspections and complete documentation following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) to support release of product.
- Troubleshoot and make minor equipment adjustments to produce a quality product in an efficient manner.
- Use of computer to enter shop floor data & order raw materials necessary.
- Maintain all necessary production paperwork ensuring materials used correspond with B.O.M.
- Transport raw materials and finished products following safe lifting guidelines and utilize lift devices and material handling equipment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
- Experience in Trouble shooting mechanical problems.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience in working effectively both independently, and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to be proactive and self-motivated on the job
- Must have the ability to comprehend Baxter Specifications / SOP’s and determine appropriate corrective actions.
- Equipment used: Kiefel machines, SAPA, 4 wheel trolleys, manual jacks, electric hoist, 4 wheel pushcart, Q.A. tools and gauges and computer.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Alliston, ON L9R1W7
Canada Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now