IT Analyst 2 - Business SupportReq # JR - 025226 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Information Technology Date posted 08/21/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers - where everyone can do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each person’s contributions. We’re happy you’re interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter.
Baxter - Alliston is a cGMP manufacturing facility looking for a dynamic and motivated technology professional to join our expanding Information Technology department as a Senior Business Support Analyst. This role is responsible for gathering, documenting and analyzing business needs to develop software and business information solutions to resolve business challenges. This role will also have responsibility for ongoing support and development of critical business systems, application interfaces and collaborate on reporting and online data visualization dashboards.
The following identifies key requirements for this position:
- Diploma/degree in computer science or equivalent job experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in computer programming and/or business analysis, as well as an understanding of standard software development concepts and practices.
- Must have experience working on larger scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational, technical and validation requests from the business.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment (medical manufacturing preferred).
- The incumbent must also be able to demonstrate strong technical ability, problem-solving skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and multitasking skills.
- Motivation, commitment and teamwork are key requirements to succeed in this fast moving, but, rewarding position.
- Work with the Technology team and business stakeholders to develop process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination of non-value work.
- Integrate new systems and processes with existing applications and partner with internal and external customers to ensure systems meet the long-term business strategies.
- Develop system requirement documents, design solutions and implement software. Develop strategies to integrate applications with local and corporate based systems.
- Identify, create and facilitate technology changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design with a focus on quality improvement and data management.
- Identify risks and provide mitigation strategies using existing and new technology innovations. Communicate and escalate observations as required.
- Champion the delivery of facility production and financial information by supporting business reporting or creating new data delivery options through dashboards, metrics and online functions.
- Improve customer service and build partnerships with key stakeholders and business departments.
- Perform administrative duties for local software access, lab systems and other corporate application services.
- Provide first and second level support for local application systems, interfaces and vendor database software.
- Work with corporate teams to support and resolve issues related to global applications and infrastructures.
- Provide first level technical/functional support to internal users of JD Edwards and Siemen’s XFP as required.
- Develop and maintain facility intranet as well as content and online dashboards and data displays.
- Perform end-user support related to personal computing devices, networking and software installations.
- Maintain datacenter infrastructure and configuration requirements and support the Information Services team for maintenance, backups and BCP.
- Address customer requests and issues using a local incident tracking system.
- Develop custom reports for major applications using SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Reports or Data Access Studio (DAS).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead, create and maintain project schedules by developing project plans, specifications, managing scope, estimating time and resources, determining daily priorities, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project lifecycle ensuring on-time delivery.
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results.
- Validate changes to ensure functional compliance and minimal disruptions when new or upgraded applications are released.
- Support product quality through system upgrades, ongoing system validation activities and the selection of new and appropriate technologies.
- Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan).
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process.
The following identifies other key knowledge and level of expertise for this position.
- JD Edwards Enterprise One - (4 years required).
- MES (Siemen’s XFP) - (Preferred).
- Database design (SQL Server) and SQL Reporting Services - (Definite asset)
- Business Analysis – (5 years required)
- Project Management (3 years)
- Experience in a cGMP manufacturing facility (Healthcare or Food Industry)
- Web Technologies such as XML, ASP, HTML, C#, C++, and VB programming - (Definite asset).
- Scripting languages such as Java, JScript and VB script - (Definite asset).
- Understanding networking and computer virtualization (Definite Asset).
- Over 80% of the day is spent sitting at the desk.
- Lifting no more than 10 or 15 lbs from a bench position may be required (equipment is available to avoid strains).
- Limited exposure to noise and dust, except when entering shop floor then noise level is high.
- Limited exposure to hot and humid conditions in the summer months.
- Sensory concentration is required for programming, analysis and planning.
- Precision-work is required to ensure programming is accurate and in accordance with instructions provided.
- Some on-call and weekend work may be required to support project, production and IT related projects.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Information Technology
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.