Human Resources Coordinator - ContractReq # JR - 037107 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Administrative Date posted 04/13/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This Human Resources Coordinator position is contract ending December 31st and you will be joining the HR team at the manufacturing site based in Alliston. As a HR Coordinator you will provide HR data management and administrative support, employee onboarding, and support in the delivery of programs related to all stages of the employee experience in the Alliston facility. This individual will be an integral part of the HR operations and employee relations team. As such, they will represent the face of HR, role modeling Baxter values, leadership competencies, while maintaining confidentiality and a desire to learn and grow.
Your responsibilities in this role:
- Ensure all required documentation for all hires are in the employee files and are easily retrieved for audit purposes (resumes, signed job descriptions, educational qualifications, etc.)
- Prepare packages for new employee orientation and present key information to employees
- Organize, facilitate and coordinate Orientation session for new employees
- Act as point of contact for all employee inquiries during initial onboarding
Data Management and Analysis
- Manage paper files for all employees, ensuring they are accurate, complete and current
- Partner with managers to support updates for job descriptions, ensuring they are current and filed appropriately
- Oversee Talent Acquisition for the internal, hourly recruitment program
- Manage electronic files for all employees, ensuring they are accurate, complete and current
- Submit required change requests through HR central and the ECN tool
- Track all changes in Payroll Watchlist to ensure changes in the HRIS system are captured in payroll
- Track employee step progression timeline and back-up assignments
- Run reports from the HRIS system for various stakeholders
- Oversee and execute monthly service awards program
- Prepare employment verification letters for employees upon request
- Meet with employees to arrange maternity/paternity/parental leaves or retirements
- Respond to employee enquiries promptly, and escalate as required, liaising with Centers of Excellence as needed
Education and experience
- University Degree or College Diploma
- CHRP/CHRL achieved or in progress
- Alternatively, 5+ years of working experience preferred.
- HR administration skills
- HRIS systems experience
- Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel
- Strong presentation skills
- Success working in a high volume, customer-focused role
- This role is based onsite at the Alliston Site.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.