Filling Operator - MidnightReq # JR - 023099 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 07/16/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
We are currently looking for energetic, hard-working Filling Operators to work a temporary full-time assignment with the possibility of extension or permanent status in the future on our midnight shift at our Alliston facility. Starting wage is $18 plus applicable shift premium.
The Filling Operator is responsible for performing the following duties on a rotating basis on the line: Visual Inspection of IV bag assembly, Filling IV solution in various bag sizes, placing bags into protective over-wrap, loading bags onto sterilizer trays.
Due to the nature of our business, Baxter follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) which requires our employees to focus on cleanliness and contamination control. Other aspects of GMP that must be observed are no makeup or jewelry in the production areas
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Using scales, weigh filled bags at regular intervals to ensure proper fill volume.
- Visually inspect each filled bag assembly for proper fill volume, air volume, code number, expiration date, lot number, and other quality characteristics. Pick up filled bag assembly from conveyor, position bag in over wrapper spec.
- Load over-wrapped bag into sealing machine.
- Load sealed over-wrapped assemblies onto sterilizer trucks ensuring proper number of samples and proper positioning.
- Perform necessary inspections including quality checks throughout each step in process.
- Document count of rejects. Rework bags when necessary.
- Successful completion of High School diploma or GED required (Proof will be requested)
- Must pass ergonomic assessment to ensure ability to perform bonafide essential job duties
- Experience doing repetitive tasks
- Manufacturing/Quality experience in a GMP environment
- Experience in food or manufacturing industry
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment (experience working in an assembly line setting is preferred)
- Flexibility to weekends
- Positive attitude, and an ability to work in a team setting with a focus on quality assurance and attention to detail.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.