Chemist - AfternoonsReq # JR - 012625 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Chemistry Date posted 12/26/2019
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most. We have the following opportunity at our Manufacturing facility in Alliston, located 1 hour North of Toronto.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform chemical analysis to ensure product acceptability.
- Ensure that final products meet required standards before release by analyzing them using instrumental and wet chemical techniques according to the specifications.
- Analyze in-process samples using a variety of assays and procedures, taking appropriate action if the result is out of the specified limits.
- Maintain chemistry lab in good order.
- Perform analytical chemical analysis to ensure products meet required standards using instrumental and wet chemical techniques according to specifications.
- Compile analysis reports by entering results into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) approving them and forwarding to the Document center.
- Ensure that production lines make products within specification limits by analyzing in-process samples using variety of assays and procedures, taking appropriate action if the result is out of specified limits.
- Support departmental 6s efforts by maintaining all work areas in a clean and orderly state, disposing of waste, cleaning glass ware and removing expired chemicals / reagents.
- Maintain chemistry lab in good order by housecleaning, disposing waste, cleaning glassware and removing expired chemicals/ reagents.
- Perform required preventative maintenance on equipment's in QM lab. to ensure proper functioning and delivery of consistent and reliable results.
- Contact manufacturers of equipment and arrange for service in event of malfunction of equipment
- University Degree, Bachelor of Science Majoring in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry
- 3-5 years of analytical chemical testing lab experience.
- Over 2 years of chemical lab experience in a pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment in a Quality Management Laboratory
- Proficiency in MS Office and laboratory computerized systems
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly effective analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience performing analytical testing in compliance with specification requirements - Instrumental techniques such as HPLC, ICP-MS, GC Atomic Absorption, UV-VIS spectroscopy, Flame Photometry and IR spectroscopy
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO and regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with LIMS is an asset
- Technical writing experience is an asset
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.