Chemist 1Req # JR - 025801 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Chemistry Date posted 08/20/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major Responsibilities / Activities
- Perform analytical chemical analysis to ensure products meet required standards using instrumental and wet chemical techniques according to specifications. Compile analysis reports by entering results into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) approving them and forwarding to the Document center.
- Ensure that production lines make products within specification limits by analyzing in-process samples using variety of assays and procedures, taking appropriate action if the result is out of specified limits.
- Support departmental 6s efforts by maintaining all work areas in a clean and orderly state, disposing of waste, cleaning glass ware and removing expired chemicals / reagents. Maintain chemistry lab in good order by housecleaning, disposing waste, cleaning glassware and removing expired chemicals/ reagents.
- Perform required preventative maintenance on equipments in QM lab. to ensure proper functioning and delivery of consistent and reliable results. Contact manufacturers of equipment and arrange for service in event of malfunction of equipment.
- University Degree, Bachelor of Science
- Majoring in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or a similar discipline
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.