TPN Production TechnicianReq # JR - 109517 Location Thetford, England, United Kingdom Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 11/01/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Our Compounding TPN (Total Parental Nutrition) team in Thetford are searching for Production Technicians to join their growing team.
Proper clinical nutrition can make all the difference to a patient who needs to regain and maintain their health. For more than 70 years, we've been assisting healthcare providers in treating patients' diverse nutrient needs, introducing one of the first liquid proteins in the form of amino acids. Today, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of products for acute and chronic patients who are unable to take adequate oral or enteral nutrition or require supplemental nutrition.
This area is a grade B & C cleanroom which requires full PPE (gown, goggles, hair net and full cleanroom suit) You will be shown this upon interview on site to ensure you are comfortable with this.
You will work rotational shifts; Monday to Friday, 06:00-14:00 and 13:00-21:00 and at busy times there is overtime. We offer a competitive salary of £25,000 and a weekly shift allowance of £45.35 as well as fantastic career progression opportunities.
If you are looking to join an organisation that truly makes a difference, then we would love to hear from you.
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Employee discount scheme
• Blue light card
• Progression opportunities
• Subsided canteen
• Westfield healthcare
• Up to 8% pension contribution
• Employee assistance programme
Duties and Responsibilities
Our process is 100% reliant on you and therefore your everyday duties and responsibilities as part of our team are:
- To manufacture live saving products in accordance to approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- To perform routine quality checks on the product as part of the manufacturing process
- To correctly record detailed data on batch paperwork and quality documents following Good Documentation Practices at all times
- To perform and record all cleaning for the equipment and areas of work as and when required as defined in the relevant SOP’s
- To notify Team Leader/Supervisor/Manager/Quality assurance of any deviations from the process and take part in correcting mistakes under the guidance of your Team Leader and Quality department
- To perform all tasks requested by Team Leader
To give you the best possible experience and set you up for a successful career in Baxter we need to ensure that you have the right experience. Working in a manufacturing environment is desired but is not essential as we are able to offer full training and you may have lots of other transferable skills.
- You must have a strong work ethic, be a reliable and committed person and be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of our patients
- We expect you to be able to communicate effectively and respectfully
- You will have an analytical and meticulous approach to resolving problems
- You will work to excellent quality standards and have fantastic attention to detail
- To work effectively and efficiently in a forever changing fast paced team environment
- You must have the ability to prioritise the daily work schedule and be adaptable to carrying out different tasks based on the daily scheduling of staff
- English & Mathematics GSCE qualified or equivalent
What to expect from us?
- We will give you the first class training you need to meet the requirements in the SOP’s
- We will listen to you if you have concerns on the safety of your work environment – and take action….
- We will take you on a journey where you will have the opportunity to develop and grow as a person and as a professional via our Align, Check-in, Execute development (ACE) process
- We will keep you growing by giving you new challenges every day – and we will support you in being successful in meeting those challenges
What happens next?
Baxter Talent Acquisition team will review your application (please make sure your up to date CV is attached) and if deemed suitable you will receive an invitation to complete an online assessment via hirevue. This acts as a 1st stage interview and allows us to learn a little more about you. We will review this together with the hiring managers and let you know if you have been invited to site for a final stage interview.
Thank you for your interest in Baxter and we look forward to hearing from you!
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Pharmacy Services, Caxton Way
United Kingdom Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now