Production Operative (M-F 06:00-14:00/14:00-22:00)Req # JR - 112636 Location Thetford, England, United Kingdom Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 10/18/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Baxter Thetford are looking for manufacturing/production Operatives to join our fast-paced teams. This role is Monday-Friday rotating shifts 06:00-14:00/14:00-22:00 with a weekly shift allowance of £49.17 and a competitive salary. We have many departments across the site and when interviewing you will be considered for all areas so we are able to suggest a department best aligned to your skills.
We offer some fantastic benefits which are listed below;
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Employee discount scheme
• Blue light card
• Fantastic internal progression opportunities
• Subsided canteen
• Westfield healthcare
• Up to 8% pension contribution
• Employee assistance programme
Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with EHS/GMP/GDP/company and corporate policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Operate within the Baxter documentation procedures (BaxU) and requirements meeting all safety quality and performance guidelines, ensuring batch paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify quality defects and reject them. Escalate issues to the team leader – may be involved in rectifying issues with support
- Maintains the optimum line performance throughout the shift by adjusting the machine within validated parameters.
- Performs daily and weekly cleaning of the equipment and the area
- Be actively involved in improvement programs, demonstrating a willingness to adopt new ways of working
- Punctual with good attendance
- Good standard of English comprehension - Able to understand written and verbal communication and speak, read, and write in English
- Well organised and task driven
- Able to work in a GMP environment
- Quality focused – able to deal with routine, repetitive tasks whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Team Working - working as part of a team & sharing workload fairly with a willingness to work co-operatively and supportively in order to solve problems and achieve team targets
- Maintains high standards of behaviour whilst managing workload
- Process Orientated - must follow set standards and ways of working
- Flexible - able to carry out varied tasks often at short notice, adjust break timings around the production, work additional hours and adjust working hours as required by the business
- Ability to remain calm in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience within production environment from a regulated industry such as Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Food
- Experience using fork trucks.
- Experience setting up and changing over machines.
- 6S Trained - Lean approach – ability to identify wasteful activity and product
- Batch process experience
What happens next?
Baxter Talent Acquisition team will review your application (please make sure your up to date CV is attached) and if deemed suitable you will receive an invitation to complete an online assessment via hirevue. This acts as a 1st stage interview and allows us to learn a little more about you. We will review this together with the hiring managers and let you know if you have been invited to site for a final stage interview.
Thank you for your interest in Baxter and we look forward to hearing from you!
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
United Kingdom Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now