Field Service Technician - St. Louis, MOReq # JR - 109860 Location St Louis, Missouri, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 09/08/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your Role at Baxter
THIS IS WHERE you build trust to achieve results!
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, equipment, policies and procedures
- Provide dialysis/apheresis and TerumoBCT instrumentation installation and maintenance
- Completes installations and repair services in a timely manner and provides contract preventative maintenance.
- Successfully completes instrumentation training at Baxter training facility
- Provide on-site clinical and technical instrumentation in service
- Schedules service calls with customers in accordance with current procedures published by national and regional management
What You'll Bring:
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field, and relevant experience preferred. In lieu of degree, minimum of 5 years field service experience.
- Familiar with data analysis concepts and tools such as Excel
- IT knowledge on general connectivity, network integration of devices, wireless protocols, mobile network technologies, software support and cyber security standards. Understanding in Healthcare IT standards and loT technologies.
- Excellent Communication
- Requires the ability to carry out the physical requirements of the job including kneeling and standing for long periods of time, squatting, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, technologies, or appropriate assistance.
- Must be able to sit and drive extended distances as per region requirements or fly for a number of hours.
- You'll be traveling up to 50-75%. When not traveling, you'd be working remotely!
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a base salary range of $33,000 to $76,000. The above range represents the expected base salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location. Baxter offers dental and medical insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and more.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Deerfield, IL 60015
United States of America Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now