Planner BuyerReq # JR - 094001 Location Monterrey, Nuevo León, México Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 09/07/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze weekly demand changes impact to materials requirements within the portfolio assigned and develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Develop strategies per supplier, per commodity on a monthly basis to meet the materials demand, considering region, portfolio size in USD, assessments on materials production complexity to set up the most effective minimum order quantities and lead times, packaging and lot sizes.
- Set up and keep updating every week items planning data in JDE to maintain and optimize the information sent to suppliers weekly, providing forecast and submitting POs (supplier schedules) according to the continuous demand changes.
- Analyze materials requirements and planning weekly and run supplier schedules batch processes in JDE to send vendors the purchase orders and materials forecast via FAX and email, depending on the supplier capabilities to exchange electronic data.
- Maintain/update electronic data tools to track materials in transit from domestic and international vendors into Mexico.
- Monitor and report directly to the corporate finance department, monthly, materials in transit purchased in Europe and Asia and still in transit to Mexico.
- Follow up to manual requirements, such type of commodities which based on inventory levels the JDE system is set up to not submit weekly requirements to suppliers.
- Monitor and develop strategies for obsolete material handling stored at HRMX to disposition.
- Maintain traceability on past due requirements and work with vendors to making them liable for additional freight cost whenever the responsibility scope falls into the vendor’s ineffective ability to plan on delivering on time according to purchasing requirements submitted by MMS according to negotiated and set up lead times.
- Follow up on materials flow into HRMX to avoid excess and work with Lean Manufacturing to eliminate excess and develop the Warehouse transformation initiatives.
- Confirm availability on parts to supply service parts orders from sister branch plants in Europe and the U.S.
- Lead materials availability (Allocation) to the materials production scheduling teams to acknowledge customer orders build/ship dates.
- Coordinate and schedule supplier requirements/business reviews to follow up on requirements, demand changes, packaging and delivery problems.
- Participate on TCO projects following up on parts FIFO tracking and engineering changes implementation.
- Participate on CDP&R implementations and provide new and current items changes/development affectivity dates in agile.
- Attend GEMBA meetings and lead projects in pro to building and developing strategies to resolve problems for a production line assigned and mitigate risk.
- Issue RMA POs and follow up on shipment returns to suppliers.
- Resolve invoicing referral issues.
- Support sourcing PPV initiatives and update blanket orders pricing according to sourcing negotiations held.
- Communicate, coordinate and resolve quality problems. This includes reject disposition non-conforming material and CAR tracking. Coordinate resolution of supplier quantity problems (commodity specialist, supplier, product lines, and design engineering).
- Monitor and approve non-standard component part usage.
- Maintain and control usage and replenishment of supply items.
- College Graduate (International Trading, Industrial Engineer, Administration Engineering degree).
- Fluent English language to lead business discussions.
- 2 or more years materials experience directly or indirectly as planner / buyer or equivalent combination of education and experience with logistics departments.
- Knowledge on Logistics/Customs inbound for materials procurement Mexico, U.S., Europe, Asia.
- Must be able to perform effectively the MMS role while being auto disciplined to set up priorities.
- Requires proven knowledge of use of personal computer including Microsoft Office programs and production scheduling software.
- Communicates well with internal and external customers.
- Interested to building a professional career in materials, logistics, business negotiations.
- Fast learner.
- Works well under pressure.
- Maintains and regains positive attitude.
- Analytical skills.
- Proven skills to be a proactive person who generates ideas to resolving materials problems and find alternatives while working with different background peers.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Huinalá en Apodaca
66640 Monterrey, NLE
Mexico Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now