Facility ManagerReq # JR - 113832 Location Medolla, Emilia-Romagna, Italy Job Category EHS Date posted 11/08/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Covering this role you’ll be responsible for the general engineering and facilities of the Plant, including the main production buildings and the other operative units (R&D, WH&D, system support, etc...).
You’ll ensure the efficiency and the functionality of all the systems, machines, equipment, and services in the plant as well as responsible and accountable for the timely and in budget execution of new facility and utilities related projects.
You’ll work closely with the EHS Manager and all the other business functions, reporting to the Plant/General Manager.
#Thisiswhere you can support our Medolla Plant and help Baxter in our mission: Save and Sustain Lives!
What you’ll be doing
- Coordinate the general maintenance activities in the main buildings and other units, ensuring efficiency and functionality of the systems, machines, equipment, buildings and courtyard areas.
- Define maintenance requirements and follow up internal/external suppliers.
- Manage extraordinary requests of maintenance and coordinate the related activities, checking the results and proposing improvement activities.
- As “Preposto”, ensure that working activities respect environmental and accident prevention regulations and corporate procedures.
- Manage projects related to installation/improvement of systems and equipment, following internal procedures, and coordinating external suppliers.
- Work with EHS Manger/RSPP, ensuring periodical security check on systems and equipment, and with the Environmental responsible, implementing technical actions requested by the “Piano di Gestione ambientale”
- Manage the security of the site and the main gate crews.
- Ensure that the indirect spending and the capital expenditures of the site are on budget and timely executed.
- Responsible and accountable for the energy improvement projects of the site.
What you’ll bring
- Degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Industrial or other)
- 5/7 years of experience in Facility and Engineering management in manufacturing environment or in system construction companies
- Experience in project and budget Management
- Deep knowledge of air treatment systems, water distribution systems, compressed air systems, tri-generation, clean room and energy management
- Fluent Italian and English knowledge
- Ability to work with different functions and stakeholders in a multinational environment
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Habit of working in complex, multinational and matrix contexts
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
41036 Medolla MO
Italy Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now