Production Technician I, Fill/Pouch (7:00pm-7:00am)Req # JR - 114360 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 09/25/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your Role at Baxter
This is where my hands make life-sustaining products
You are driven by the knowledge that the products you help make saves and sustain lives. You can move quickly, address questions, and encourage teammates, all while getting quality products out on time. You are calm, positive, and a key part of a fast-paced environment that emphasizes camaraderie and teamwork. As aProduction Technician I, Fill/Pouch, you are happiest when you are moving, and we will not disappoint!
Baxter is known for its speed and high-quality product. Our manufacturing operations are around-the-clock to meet the needs of our customers. Our high-caliber talent works through the challenges at hand while pushing toward meeting client order needs. Different shift assignments allow for flexibility and safety.
Baxter is focused on saving and sustaining lives by manufacturing high-quality products. We strive to create quality products for our customers each day.
Delivering life-saving products is about getting them right, and attention to detail is how we make sure we meet that challenge. We are a team that supports each other throughout each shift. Working together in a supportive and open culture makes our processes evolve for the better and engages our workforce.
You'll be offered extensive training, and the tight-knit working environment within the Manufacturing team means employees get additional training from their direct manager and peers when needed.
What we offer from Day One:
- Shift flexibility to trade shifts and leverage overtime opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 160 hours of Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401K match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
What You'll Be Doing
The Fill/Pouch Production Technician I is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by supplying, operating, and maintaining various equipment in the Fill/Pouch areas. Additional tasks will include the performance and documentation of all quality checks for responsible equipment as well as inspection of product at all times.
- Operate, monitor and make adjustments as necessary to manual and automated filling equipment and machines using controls on an electrical control panel (HMI) or by way of manual adjustments.
- Set-up load and replenish production supplies by use of a powered industrial truck (PIT) at a rate consistent with production needs.
- Perform minor routine and preventative maintenance such as alignment adjustments, replacement of machine parts or belts, cleaning and lubrication while supporting Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Reconcile headcount needed on a per shift basis based on schedule production demands.
- Perform scheduled quality checks, disposition product, identify any deviations that may occur and take the appropriate action to include stopping production on the machine if necessary.
- Inspect finished product to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Execute Batch/Code changes, tank changes, as well as sub lots as required.
- Document required information on manufacturing logs and/or POMS system.
- Investigate, identify and correct or escalate any inefficiency in the machine’s performance including mechanical wear, alignment, adjustment, and setup issues.
- Develop standard work for troubleshooting and setups/changeovers.
- Read blueprints and use tools to measure the product, ensuring the output meets specifications, making adjustments/repairs as needed.
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities.
- Assist in Quality Improvement or VIP programs if required.
- Work with Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor to coordinate training requirements for line staff.
- Train new associates on responsible processes.
- Ensure the proper use, care, and storage of tools and equipment.
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur.
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles including maintaining and securing provided tools.
What You'll Bring
- High School Diploma or GED and must be at least 18 years of age.
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) at the Silver level preferred.
- Production Technician or manufacturing experience with duties including preventative maintenance, machine troubleshooting, etc. preferred.
- Basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Proficient in how to use a calculator and measurement tools as well as basic hand tools.
- Basic computer skills.
- This position requires frequent grasping, pushing/pulling and reaching with hands and arms. The position also involves lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally throughout the shift.
- Pass the Powered Industrial Truck (P.I.T.) physical.
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary.
- Occasionally specialized physicals are required when working with certain drug codes.
- Ability to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a pay rate of $41,305.58 annually.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now