Material Handler IV - Sr Wood Boiler (6th Shift: 8pm -8am)Req # JR - 120295 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Material Handler Date posted 02/02/2024
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your Role at Baxter
This is where my hands make life-sustaining products
Responsible for collaborating with the Plant Superintendent or Supervisor and Boiler Operator in ensure accurate operation and maintenance of the fuel handling systems, in accordance with plant procedures, guidelines, and rules. This work includes driving the loaders, knowledge and maintenance of entire conveyor belt and fuel systems – including fuel storage buildings and truck dump systems.
Baxter is passionate about saving and sustaining lives by manufacturing high-quality products. We strive to build quality products for our customers every single day.
Delivering life-saving products is about getting them right, and attention to detail is how we make sure we meet that challenge. We are a team that supports each other throughout each shift. Working together in a supportive and open culture makes our processes evolve for the better and engages our workforce.
What we offer from Day One
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 160 hours of Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401K match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for working with the Plant Superintendent or Supervisor to ensure that preventative and predictive maintenance program is established for fuel handling equipment including the loader.
- Responsible for cleaning areas assigned by the Plant Superintendent or Supervisor.
- Responsible for knowing the operation and pile management of the entire fuel handling system, fuel uploading and loading operation along with working with the Boiler Operator and knowing and taking the corrective action to ensure a dependable supply of fuel at all times, by operating a John Deere 624H
- Responsible for knowing the operation of the fuel handling inventory tracking, weighing, and control system.
- Responsible for operation of the loader, bulldozer and bobcat as needed for fuel yard operations, plant operations and maintenance activities. Perform necessary tasks for the removal of ash. Required to work a varied schedule including week-ends and overtime and to be on call as needed, as deemed necessary by Supervisor.
- Required to provide relief and support in other job classifications including but not limited to Maintenance or Operations.
- Responsible for performing assigned maintenance tasks as directed by the Unit Supervisor or Production Support Supervisor.
- Responsible for operating the fuel handling inventory tracking, weighing, and control system as directed by the Boiler Operator.
- Coordinates with the Plant Superintendent or Supervisor to schedule delivery of fuel to maintain an adequate inventory of fuel for plant operation.
- During outages, may be assigned the responsibility for certain maintenance items under the direction of the Plant Superintendent or Supervisor.
- Required to relieve other Auxiliary Operators of their normal job functions in case of breaks, lunches or absenteeism.
- Responsible for following plant safety procedures, guidelines, and rules as job functions are performed and reporting any unsafe condition or act to the Plant Superintendent or Supervisor and Boiler Operator.
- Responsible for knowing and following the plant environmental procedures and reporting any environmental conditions or acts to the Plant Superintendent or Supervisor and Boiler Operator.
- Responsible for knowing and following the Operations and Procedures Manual and updates to these manuals.
- Responsible for advising the Plant Superintendent or Supervisor and the Boiler Operator of any abnormal plant operating condition safety problems, environmental problems, injury to any personnel, and plant equipment that has been lost or damaged.
- Responsible for actively participating and completing all required training programs,.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive demeanor, professional and courteous behavior, motivation, initiative, partnership, and participation.
- Required to have a home telephone, required to be on call as needed, and required to work overtime as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining a level of physical fitness necessary to perform all related job elements and physically demanding tasks (i.e. climbing, lifting, carrying, and transporting heavy objects, standing for a long duration, crawling through portholes manways and working in confined spaces, working outdoors during summer and winter, and wearing of personal protection equipment) as required.
- Responsible for knowing and following the plant safety procedures and reporting any unsafe condition or act to the Plant Superintendent or Supervisor and Boiler Operator.
What You'll Bring
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Work at heights with adverse conditions during operations when participating in fire and emergency activities.
- Ability to enter and work in confined space.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- If necessary must have eyesight corrected.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary pay rate of $20.95, plus shift differential for off shifts. The pay rate is based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now