Field Service Engineer - AntwerpReq # JR - 116658 Location Lessines, Wallonia, Belgium Job Category Technical Services Date posted 11/14/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Technical Services Field Senior engineer/Subject Matter Expert is responsible for:
- Performing service activity on electro mechanical medical devices, as per defined service requirements and customer contractual agreements.
- Performing advanced device integration and network connectivity problems analysis and troubleshooting. Work with L3 team and customer IT team to provide local support for installation and problem solving.
- Performing sales support activities and define new service offering within the geographical area of responsibility, in this case Antwerp.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, service, maintain, upgrade or execute Field Corrective Actions on electro mechanical medical devices as per defined service requirements and customer contractual agreements in the defined area of responsibility;
- Connect devices to a facility’s wireless or wired network. Manage, trouble shoot, and help resolve device integration and network connectivity problems. Work with L3 colleagues and customer IT team to provide local support for specification collection, installation and problem solving;
- Perform advanced device integration and network connectivity problems solving.
- Diagnose and repair network and interface connection issues. Work with L3 colleagues and customer IT team to provide local support for installation and problem solving. Ensure compliance to all applicable service, quality and data privacy requirements;
- Monitor device status and perform necessary upgrades whether in-person or via remote capabilities;
- Report all relevant service activity in the service systems and applicable datasheets, to ensure updated and accurate service data;
- Produce and maintain timely and accurate content in knowledge management database per guidelines;
- Provide customer telephone support;
- Deliver user/technical training to customers;
- Create training proposition: goals, contents, supports materials, schedule.
- Support customer Demos;
- Perform train the trainer activity for specific product technologies;
- Support/help to identify new service sales opportunities with customers to define new service package offering aligned with customer expectation and within the frame of Global Service Franchise commercial strategy;
- Manage assigned car stock, spare parts and assets (instruments, tools), as per storage requirements and instructions. Ensure manual replacement orders are performed timely and on purpose;
- Use mobile devices such as cell phone, laptop and tablet to complete activities including communicating with customers, updating work orders, completing checklists, accessing portals and training, running VR and augmented reality programs, diagnosing problems, and maintaining schedule of activities;
- Establish, maintain communication & partnership with customers, team members and business contacts;
- Ensure compliance to all applicable company rules and operational/organizational rules;
- Maintain compliance with laws protecting data privacy as per in internal policy;
- Provide training to external Technicians (customers) and to internal Technicians (employees): knowledge transfer, Q&A
- Expert in case of very complex technical issues: collect all information and manage complaints to the concerned manufacturing sites
- Ensure the monitoring of the active machinery park and produce relevant key indicators reporting
- Technical degree (preferably in the biomedical/ electromechanical/ IT areas) or equivalent through experience
- At least 5 years’ experience as service engineer on electro mechanical medical devices connected in network and communicating with EMR/HIS/CIS.
- Fluency in Dutch and a good level of English is required
- Must possess deep applied IT knowledge in general connectivity(IP addressing, Sub netting, Firewall configuration, Basic security concepts), network integration of devices, wireless protocols, mobile network technologies, software support and cyber security standards;
- Previous experience with the interoperability of devices which share, store and provide access to electronic health information in EMRs or EHRs;
- Experience contributing to a Knowledge Management (KM) system;
- Experience with data analysis concept and tools (Tableau and Excel );
- Familiar with predictive analytics tools such as Cognos BI, SalesForce Einstein;
- Work schedule and dispatch software experience. Field Service Lightning by SalesForce preferred;
- Technical expertise in Healthcare IT standards (HL7, FHIR), IoT technologies (Augmented Reality, Predictive Analytics or Big Data;
- Basic knowledge of relational databases;
- Principles of electro-mechanics, ElectroStatic Discharge protection/requirements, Medical Device Directive;
- Good troubleshooting skills;
- Good customer facing skills;
- Knowledge of Quality System and GDP (documentation)/GMP requirements;
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements ;
- Project Management approach ; desired PMI methodology understanding.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Belgium Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now