Medical Affairs ManagerReq # JR - 119758 Location Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Job Category Clinical Date posted 11/21/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- This position is responsible for developing and executing the strategic medical plans, providing internal training, delivering external engagement and scientific exchange, generating clinical evidence, optimizing KOL management, managing medical budget and supporting the activities of Baxter’s business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as Local Medical Affairs Lead and expert of the therapeutic areas (chronic renal and acute portfolios: PD, HD, CRRT, organ supporting therapy, etc) for the responsible markets.
- Develop and execute the strategic medical plans for all new launches (including registrational support) and mature products.
- Develop medical contents and provide internal trainings to existing teams and new hires.
- Engage external stakeholders and conduct scientific exchange (e.g., HCP education, hospital talks, 1:1, group meetings, advisory board/ consensus meetings, etc). Develop actionable items and share the insights collected.
- Ensure the scientific and clinical accuracy of the products at any engagement and exchange.
- Develop and manage key opinion leader (KOL) lists and plans.
- Lead/ support data generation (e.g., Investigator-Initiated Sponsored Research, real world data/ HEOR study, etc) and manage the local medical projects and publication plans.
- Support the marketing & cross-functional (e.g., Registrational, MI, PV, QA, Clinical) plans (e.g., annual brand plans and reviews, marketing strategic plans, etc) and activities (e.g., conferences, round table discussion, etc).
- Review product and therapeutic area materials.
- Serve as the internal Medical Reviewer for events and compliance projects.
Education & Experience:
- MBBS, MD preferred.
- With clinical experience in specific domains preferred (e.g., internal medicine, nephrology, critical care).
- 4-6 years of medical affairs experience in a reputed pharmaceutical/ healthcare company.
- Energetic and proactive, action-generative, able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to manage the complexity of scenarios and networks.
- Compliant and integrate the Ethics & Compliance guidance in all daily tasks.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Readiness of overseas travels (e.g., market support, internal meetings and congress attendance, etc).
- Demonstration of business acumen.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
34 Le Duan Street, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City
Hồ Chí Minh 70000
Vietnam Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now