Incentive Compensation System LeadReq # JR - 118287 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Commercial Operations Date posted 11/30/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers -- where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each person’s contributions. We’re happy you’re interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter.
In this high visibility role, you are a critical function in supporting our sales team's Incentive Compensation "IC" program. Help design and drive the process while partnering closely with sales leaders.
This role is based out of our Deerfield, IL office working hybrid; 2-3 days in office.
Provide leadership and coaching on quota, advanced analytical support, territory/organizational design, performance reporting and field sales variable compensation calculations for the US Baxter sales forces. (Legacy Baxter as well as legacy Hillrom). Partner cross functionally to allocate field quota, drive advanced analytics and data transformation initiatives as well as execute new/changes to field organizational design. You'll be the subject matter expert in all facets of IC and be an agile, change management resource through digital, system and process innovation and continuous improvement.
You will collaborate effectively with team members, internal Commercial Operations functions, Human Resources, Finance and Field Sales. The successful candidate will be a part of the IC Leadership bench strength for future management/direct report responsibilities.
What you'll be doing
- IC Commission, Quota and Process Excellence.
- Manager IC Quota management and consult, train and/or implement quota across all US based sales functions (Baxter, ~$5.0B and legacy Hillrom ~ $2.0B) to support all unique business models.
- Execute new organizational design in alignment with existing and new business vertical requirements (Baxter and legacy Hillrom GTM changes and/or refinements)
- Develop and teach advanced data mining skills to better leverage new and existing automation tools available to the IC team to enhance all facets of IC products and services
- Drive and implement consistency and accuracy in reporting financial spend and projections across all Baxter verticals
- Participate in all acquisition and divestiture initiatives to smoothly and seamlessly onboard new applications, teams, and processes
- Partner with IC leadership to prioritize and complete internal and cross functional initiatives to enhance IC value products and services to our customers
- Operate with a continuous improvement attitude to drive a LEAN culture
- Lead, sponsor and/or participate process innovation to develop and identify procedural gaps, drive for improvement, create efficiencies, eliminate waste, and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to compliance with internal procedures and processes.
What you'll bring
- BA/BS strongly preferred with at least 5+ years experience; or minimally 8+ years of direct relevant experience in related field
- Must have Incentive Compensation expeirence.
- Broad understanding for critical attributes of quota, compensation, and performance reporting; strong finance and business insight as well as data mining expertise
- Ability to swiftly and nimbly adjust to any US based franchise to complete or implement new quota methodologies in alignment with business needs.
- Strong leadership and project management skills; analytical and problem-solving skills required along with attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access and database management required.
- Tableau / Cognos and/or advanced reporting skills. Extract data via tableau or SQL through Snowflake
- Eagerness to develop innovative solutions through the use of digital technology.
- Proficiency with Sales Performance Management (SPM) tools such as Xactly and IBM/Varicent preferred.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. The estimated base salary for this position is $88,000 to $121,000 annually. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position. We may pay more or less than of the anticipated range based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based on upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. This position is also be eligible for variable commission. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply and are selected for an interview.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Deerfield, IL 60015
United States of America Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now