Filling Operator - Midnight shiftReq # JR - 114154 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 09/22/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This is where my hands make life-sustaining products
You are driven by the knowledge that the products you help make saves and sustain lives. You can move quickly, address questions, and encourage teammates, all while getting quality products out on time. You are calm, positive, and a key part of a fast-paced environment that emphasizes camaraderie and teamwork. As a Filling Operator, you are happiest when you are moving, and we will not disappoint!
Baxter is known for its speed and high-quality product. Our manufacturing operations are around-the-clock to meet the needs of our customers. Our high-caliber talent works through the challenges at hand while pushing toward meeting client order needs. We are currently looking for energetic, hard-working Filling Operators to work full-time permanent on our Midnight shift (Sunday to Thursday 23:00-7:00) at our Alliston facility. Starting wage is $22.00/hour plus applicable shift premium. We offer an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan, Defined contribution pension plan and medical/dental benefits on your first day!
Baxter is focused on saving and sustaining lives by manufacturing high-quality products. We strive to create quality products for our customers each day.
Delivering life-saving products is about getting them right, and attention to detail is how we make sure we meet that challenge. We are a team that supports each other throughout each shift. Working together in a supportive and open culture makes our processes evolve for the better and engages our workforce.
The following are dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, safety shoes, ear plugs, jumpsuit, hood, hairnet, beard cover, gloves, isolation mask and boots (additional PPE required when cleaning)
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
- Involves working around equipment, machinery, and belts
What You'll Be Doing
The Filling Operator is responsible for performing the following duties on a rotating basis on the line: Visual Inspection of IV bag assembly, Filling IV solution in various bag sizes, placing bags into protective over-wrap, loading bags onto sterilizer trays.
Duties performed on a rotational basis
- Using scales, weigh filled bags at regular intervals to ensure proper fill volume.
- Visually inspect each filled bag assembly for proper fill volume, air volume, code number, expiration date, lot number, and other quality characteristics. Pick up filled bag assembly from conveyor, position bag in over wrapper spec.
- Load over-wrapped bag into sealing machine.
- Load sealed over-wrapped assemblies onto sterilizer trucks ensuring proper number of samples and proper positioning.
- Perform necessary inspections including quality checks throughout each step-in process.
- Document count of rejects. Rework bags when necessary.
Duties performed on a continual or intermittent basis
- Learn, understand and apply thorough quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
What You'll Bring
- Successful completion of High School diploma or GED required (Proof will be requested)
- Must pass ergonomic assessment to ensure ability to perform bonafide essential job duties
- Experience doing repetitive tasks
- Manufacturing/Quality experience in a GMP environment
- Experience in food or manufacturing industry
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment (experience working in an assembly line setting is preferred)
- Flexibility to weekends
- Positive attitude, and an ability to work in a team setting with a focus on quality assurance and attention to detail.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Alliston, ON L9R1W7
Canada Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now