What You’ll Be Doing
At Baxter, we are building a best-in-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We are implementing a transformative program which will streamline processes, enhance systems, improve forecasting accuracy, strengthen business partnerships and enhance opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth.
The Senior Finance Analyst position is an extension of the local country FP&A team. This position interacts with the APAC FP&A Center of Expertise (CoE) leadership team as well as in-country finance and business partners within the APAC Region (i.e. APAC Established Markets, Emerging Asia, etc.). This position will support the strategic planning process, annual budgeting and forecasting processes and monthly performance reviews. In addition, this position will support high value-added business analytics as well as drive the development of senior management presentations for this dynamic and growing region.
As a part of the FP&A team your core responsibilities will include:
• Liaise with the FP&A Global Delivery Center (GDC) and other cross-functional leads to support the creation of budgets, forecasts and management reports, while ensuring compliance with all quality / control requirements
• Coordinate closely with local country business partners and finance teams to review projections, budgets and historical results
• Load budget and forecast adjustments into system
• Ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly reports, balance sheet reviews, forecasts, and the annual budget / strategic plan preparation
• Deliver a comprehensive monthly reporting package for management, including monthly reviews of budget vs. actual results and variances with P&L/cost center owners
• Perform any necessary resource allocations to ensure effective ROI on investments
• Partner with FP&A Regional, Local, and Corporate resources within commercial and manufacturing/supply chain organizations to understand, drive and support decision making ensuring alignment with strategic objectives
• Coordinate escalation / identification of issues and advise Finance leadership of potential business and / or operational risks
• Perform strategic ad hoc reporting and financial analysis to assess business performance and facilitate decision making and business support
• Update process flows, operating manuals, training guides, and standard operating procedures as needed
• Support Finance leadership with process improvement, policy development, and / or strategic initiatives (e.g., business systems, processes, and / or policies)
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
• Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 5 + years of relevant experience with financial planning and reporting
Key Functional Competencies
• Expert in technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of: internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
• Excellent analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting
• Excellent financial modeling skills preferred, experience in statistical modeling techniques is a plus
• Experience with JD Edwards (JDE), Hyperion Planning, and Cognos preferred
Key Professional Competencies
• Self-starter with excellent analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
• Expert in PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
• Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as required
• English: Native or bilingual proficiency required
• Mandarin, Japanese, Korean; Professional proficiency a plus
A Career That Matters:
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters!
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.