Manufacturing Senior Financial Analyst -Advanced Surgery
Req #: 17000AAG_en
Location: Dublin, L IE
Job Category: Finance
Date Posted: 12/13/2017 12:19:11 PM
Senior Financial Analyst
Our employees around the world are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us as a company in doing work that matters.
Do you want to know why it is so wonderful to work for Baxter? Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
At Baxter, we are building a best-in-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We are implementing a transformative program which will streamline processes, enhance systems, improve forecasting accuracy, strengthen business partnerships and enhance opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support Advanced Surgery Contract Manufacturing Operations Team. The jobholder will provide Decision Support, and will lead the financial planning and reporting activities, such as long range strategic plan, annual operating plan, forecast and month-end close.
The person will work with various Teams (Planning & Deployment, CMO Finance Director, Purchasing and Supplier Management and Global Manufacturing Finance) located in different Regions and Countries ( EMEA & US).
Financial lead for execution of Advanced Surgery Contract Manufacturing Outsourcing (CMO)
- Partner with 3rd Party (Shire) to better understand manufacturing results, address changes and also resolve financial issues
- Lead analysis of financial analysis/model to support operational and strategical decisions
- Proactively build effective business partnerships with other functions across the organization, including strategy, supply chain, legal, commercial, accounting and tax
- Responsible for annual standard cost processes and execution
- Coordinate escalation / identification of issues and advise Finance leadership of potential business and / or operational risks
- Finance lead for the new Manufacturing Finance System development
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly reports, balance sheet reviews, forecasts, and the annual budget
- Deliver a comprehensive monthly reporting package for management, including monthly reviews of actual results vs Budget and Forecast
Responsible for month end closure and certification of accounts:
- Ensure that all the manufacturing transactions have been accounted for accurately
- Analyse main Manufacturing Variations
- Review and understand changes in provisions and discards
- In charge of all the bookings for billing between Baxter and Shire
- Perform inventory reconciliations between different ledgers and systems
- Key contact for statutory audit
- Supervise annual inventory cycle count in Vienna
- Update manufacturing finance system to reflect all changes in manufacturing process: new items, new Bill of Materials, etc.
Who you are:
- Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 6 + years of relevant experience in Finance
- Cost accounting experience is major plus
- Strong technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of: internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Strong analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Power Point and Excel skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
Bachelor’s / Master Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or part qualified ACCA/CIMA
- English: spoken and written
- The role may require to work on Public Holiday (month end close/ forecast / budget deadline)
What we offer
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
We can offer a great benefits package including professional examination support and an excellent career path; we are a Platinum approved ACCA employer
If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to http://www.baxter.com/careers.page
Who we are
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access.