Sr Analyst, IT
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-Centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Problem and Major Incident Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day execution of Global IT Problem and Major Incident Management processes at Baxter. This includes leading Major Incident calls to ensure that service is restored in a timely manner and coordinating efforts to identify the root cause and preventative measures for Major Incidents. Critical to this role is an understanding of user impact in a complex environment and the ability to quickly assess which IT functions may be needed for the timely resolution of Major Incidents.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
Leads Major Incident bridge calls for issues that have a significant business impact to Baxter
Engages the technical teams required to investigate and resolve the issue.
Facilities and drives the bridge call to ensure that progress is being made towards restoring service.
Escalates to technical team leadership as appropriate.
Develops and distributes regular status updates to key IT and business stakeholders.
Maintains a detailed log and timeline of all activities (issue start time, technical team engagement, restoration, etc.)
- After service has been restored, works with technical teams to perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and identify and document preventative measures and follow-up actions.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of Knowledge Articles (i.e., Known Errors, Workarounds, etc.) .
- Performs governance activities for the Major Incident, Problem and Knowledge Management processes (process adherence, issue resolution, etc.)
- Develops and delivers management reports covering outage details, root cause, trending, etc.
- Acts as subject matter expert in all topics related to the Major Incident and Problem Management processes.
- Supports Problem and Major Incident process improvement initiatives.
- At least 4 years in a similar role as a Major Incident and/or Problem Management Analyst
- Experience leading restoration efforts for critical infrastructure and/or application issues.
- Experience with Problem Management techniques such as “5 Whys” .
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) toolsets such as Remedy.
- Knowledge of other ITSM process areas, including Service Desk, Knowledge Management and IT Change Management.
- Experience working in a global setting is a big plus.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and resolving conflicts when they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- ITIL Foundation certification is highly desired.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Behavior Required: Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills at all levels in the organization (from individual contributor to executive level).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Broad technical knowledge across IT, including data center, networking, and applications.
- Structured, innovative, take-charge individual that is a self-starter requiring little supervision.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours and be available for on-call support during weekends as needed
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic