Manufacturing Tech 1
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Supports all local manufacturing operations.
- Supply components, small parts, glassware, tubing, etc. to cell culture and purification areas.
- Operate general production equipment (such as parts washers, autoclave, stir plates, etc.)
- Complete relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Manually clean all portable equipment and small parts.
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Receive and distribute supplies into the production area as necessary.
- Perform daily cleaning of the production area to maintain in GMP fashion.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of cGMP regulations.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to autoclave, DP oven and CIP/SIP.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- This position requires shift, weekend and holiday work. Overtime may be required at times.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
- Requires AA degree or high school diploma with 0-2 years related manufacturing experience.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.