Sr. Manager, Operations Excellence
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Support Manufacturing operations and associated key functions (such as Supply Chain & Purchasing) in the identification and implementation of continuous improvements that generate Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s). Assist, coach and mentor manufacturing facilities in executing projects that drive elimination of waste, increase efficiency and productivity whilst driving quality improvements. Projects will support the functions to achieve designated targets and drive sustainable long term benefits.
- (Secondary) Provide coaching and training of our Enterprise Management System (EMS), including the practical application of Lean/Six Sigma tools, to promote a culture of continuous improvement, enhance behaviors and help improve operational controls.
- Individual must demonstrate a high level of professional expertise and consulting type skills with the ability to influence cross functional teams to ensure the implementation of recommendations to improve operating effectiveness
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with manufacturing sites and associated key functions such as Supply Chain and Purchasing operations to deliver on improvement targets whilst driving improved quality and service performance. Facilitate continuous improvement events (such as workshops) to develop and maintain the improvement idea pipeline.
- Monitor EMS progress and participate in site improvement visits. Analyze results and engage with sites to develop and ensure follow-through on improvement plans.
- Work with sites & training teams to deliver targeted EMS training and demonstrate use of Lean/Six Sigma concepts. Assess, coach and provide constructive feedback to team to strengthen competencies and promote systems level thinking.
- Support standardization of processes and continuous improvement training materials.
- Organize events/workshops to drive knowledge transfer and sharing of good manufacturing and best demonstrated practices.
- Lead, coach, and participate in activities promoting improved end-to-end process design and delivery of regional/site metrics.
- Identify and work with teams in the Value Stream.
- Demonstrate expertise in Continuous Improvement Methodologies, such as Lean/Six Sigma, with knowledge and usage of statistical applications
- Participate in Strategic Planning & Deployment process to define priorities and align with business measures.
- Develop presentations to summarize findings and propose recommendations
- Proven ability to think systemically, strong practical problem solving skills and negotiating skills. Proficient computer skills and systems knowledge required. Demonstrated ability to lead / manage large projects. Project management skills required. Excellent presentation and influencing skills (drive change without having direct reports on team)
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- BS in Industrial Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Supply Chain / Operations or similar degree
- Minimum 8 years related experience across multiple (2+) industries / businesses / production environments with extensive knowledge of lean production and use of Gemba based continuous improvement tools.
- Ability to apply sound business principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of operational and strategic challenges and problems in difficult and deadline driven situations. Identify key issues, gather, analyze and synthesize data to support hypotheses and develop actionable recommendations
- Advanced knowledge and deployment of Operational Excellence techniques and methods, including Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, 6S, TPM, OEE and other modern manufacturing techniques, to drive cultural change of the organization and encourage employee engagement
- Project management skills with ability to perform cost/benefit analysis and create and execute plans
- Strong team builder, mentor and coach with influential leadership competencies. Able to quickly establish credibility and win respect of key stakeholders. Sensitivity to driving change.
- Ability to work with stakeholders, colleagues, senior and line managers at all levels
- English (fluent), Spanish an advantage but any other language also beneficial.
- Must be willing to travel, as required – up to 50%.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.