BCU Financial Advisor
BCU Wealth Advisors LLC is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) and a wholly owned subsidiary of Baxter Credit Union. BCU had the foresight to launch and RIA six years ago and has steadily grown this practice as the demand for a planning centric, fee based model has grown. We are uniquely positioned in the banking and credit union market to pursue growth with a well established role of acting as a fiduciary for our clients. Combined with our legacy brokerage business, BCU has over $500 million in Assets Under Management.
As we grow, we are seeking to bring on Financial Advisors to support and be mentored by our Senior Financial Advisors, who collectively have over 100 years of experience in the industry. An established book of business will be in place year one for this Financial Advisor we are seeking.
This role is best suited for an individual who is motivated, eager to continually improve and has an ownership mentality; someone who is highly organized and a problem solver. Our firm requires an individual who is a strong team player, projects the highest degree of integrity, and has outstanding coaching and listening skills. With an established “book of business” provided to the Financial Advisor, opportunity for commissions is more likely soon after joining.
This position is responsible for managing a high volume of client relationships for accounts given to them to service from other advisors and other sources. The Advisor will give advice primarily over the phone. This person will report to the Managing Director, BCU Wealth Advisors LLC and also collaborate directly with the other advisors, supporting smaller accounts and clients of our “robo” client platform.
• Conduct annual (or as our service level agreement warrants) client portfolio reviews
• Review account applications, place trades and administratively support all client account activity
• One to Three years of required licensed investment experience in the financial services industry
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proficiency with securities and investment advisory operations, systems and compliance
• Experience working with Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade or Fidelity institutional services
• Experience using Salesforce CRM software or similar technology
• FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses
• CFP preferred or desire to work towards CFP
• Good understanding of qualified retirement plan regulations
• Works remotely with clients utilizing all of firm’s remote delivery tools.
• Identifies and develops relationships with Wholesalers
• Strong communication skills
• Conducts regular web based client workshops/seminars on various topics (i.e. Social Security, Education planning, Retirement planning, etc.)
• Ability to interact with others in a positive manner, both in person or by phone
• Exhibit an advanced level of performance, and require minimal supervision
• Ability to accurately and efficiently enter and update customer records
• Strong task orientation and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Fully capable in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information