Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
The Clinical Educator works closely with members of the sales and marketing organization to ensure business alignment to strategic priorities in the areas of in-center hemodialysis (ICHD), home hemodialysis (HHD) and HD/HHD products (dialysis machines, bloodlines / ancillaries / solutions, and software). This role provides subject matter expertise to external customers (renal programs, Clinicians, Physicians) and internal stakeholders (Territory Managers, Marketing, Sales Training & Development). The Clinical educator, either individually or within a team, is responsible for designing and implementing solution based, customer focused training and complex problem solving techniques in accordance with Baxter-Gambro Recommended Practice and Evidence Based Practice
*This is a contract based role based out of Quebec*
This role will drive business results through effective execution:
• Develop expertise in all Baxter-Gambro HD and HHD Renal Products; and all clinical and IT tools / software associated with Baxter-Gambro Renal HD & HHD Products.
• Organize and execute product evaluations (ARTIS and AK-96) pre-sale and clinician training post sale.
• Ensure alignment of key messaging of Baxter-Gambro Products to current positioning and business priorities; identify opportunities to improve / update the messaging
• Utilize standardized Baxter-Gambro program resources & tools to drive consistency in approach.
• In accordance with Baxter-Gambro Solution Based Offerings, identify and resolve complex and/or unusual clinical situations; either on-site; via phone or e-mail;
• Develop and maintain superior customer relationship with Social Workers, Physicians, RN’s, Pharmacists, Biomedical Technologists, Dieticians, and Administrative Employees
• Support new product launches
• Assist in the development of training and education materials
• Leverage support of other internal resources (marketing, sales, cross-functions) as required to ensure successful execution of project through completion
• Log key deliverables and activities into Salesforce.com as the primary means of communication and analytics on clinical support for the renal franchise.
This role will provide basic and advanced product education to external customers in targeted accounts:
• Conduct advanced product training on proprietary features of ARTIS, AK-96 & future equipment to help differentiate and insulate Baxter-Gambro machine technology from competitive threats.
• Leverage current and future resources (i.e. E-Learning) to augment clinical educational needs of customers as applicable
• Leverage technology platforms (i.e. WebEx, E-learning, Applications) to augment education for customers and extend clinical education in more efficient ways
• Participate or develop clinical educational workshops for professional associations / organizations in order to further product messaging and training.
• Support customers in the preparation of oral, poster presentations based on project work within a program which supports demonstrating the value of Baxter-Gambro and the project results to the broader market
• Maintain active local professional membership such as ONQ, CNeph (C) i.e. CANNT or ANNA;
• May be required to present, participate and/or assist at local, national, and/or international conferences;
This role will work effectively as a member of team within the renal organization (sales, marketing) and extended teams (Account Executives).
• Active participant in account planning and business planning cycles as required.
• Ensuring personal development plans in place for career planning and progression in roles (new or future).
• Support additional business needs as required (i.e. FCA support)
• Promote and represent company image
• Registered Nurse; Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Health Sciences
Type of Experience
• Acute / Chronic in center or home hemodialysis
• Experience in teaching
• Experience in Hemodialysis is required / Nursing is an asset
Years of Experience
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to travel 50% of the time
• Excellent French or English grammar (region dependent). Second languages i.e. English, French;
• Experience in Hemodialysis Dialysis / Nursing is an asset
• Strong organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work/teach and collaborate in multicultural environments.
• Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people and / or situation
• Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction
• Listens, consults others and communicates proactively
• Relates well to people at all levels
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect