Group Manager, Global Business Strategy
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Baxter is creating a high-level, high-performing internal global strategy consulting team, focused on driving initiatives to accelerate growth
- This individual will play a key role in leading projects spanning across the breadth of Baxter’s businesses and global presence
- Support Global Business Unit leaders on developing business unit strategy
- Conduct landscape analysis through developing proprietary market models and diagnosing underlying drivers and trends
- Create business cases and evaluate investment decisions including potential risk mitigation plans
- Determine view of Baxter’s competitive positioning through extensive primary and secondary research
- Work closely with Business Development team to identify attractive segments and diligence opportunities
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience
- Proven track record of successfully influencing teams outside of direct reporting control
- At least 2+ years at a top-tier management consulting firm (e.g. McKinsey, Bain, BCG)
- Healthcare and/or pharma or medical device industry experience strong preferred
- Master’s degree/MBA strongly preferred
- Experience with commercial/private equity due diligences a plus
- Strong ownership mentality, maintains focus on driving projects to completion and delivering output/results
- Demonstrated success in influencing senior leaders and decision-making in a complex and matrixed organization
- Highly analytical, consultative approach to problem solving
- Ability to creatively and logically solve challenges and navigate roadblocks
- 80/20 work approach, ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple on-going projects
- Comfortable/thrives in ambiguous/rapidly-evolving situations
- Superior communication/collaboration skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.