Senior Manager, Portfolio Strategy & Business Development
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of
its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in
emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Sr Mgr, Portfolio Management will be responsible for providing cross portfolio leadership for business cycle planning, including leading the research and support to evaluate adjacent opportunities and market growth initiatives . Lead portfolio investment priorities process for the Acute GBU. Responsible for monitoring and analyzing market sizing and market share data.
- Lead the research, analysis and guidance for Acute GBU Business Development and M&A opportunities including evaluation of business adjacencies
- Lead the Acute GBU R&D prioritization and portfolio planning
- Lead the Acute GBU business cycle planning and development (PBR, CIC, LRP, BoD)
- Track and analyze market sizing and market share on a quarterly basis
- Track and analyze market and GBU pricing guidance and trending
- Role is a key interface to the corporate BD team for adjacencies
- Lead Acute Therapies R&D prioritization, including “make versus buy” decisions, & R&D trade-offs
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Technical background and MBA preferred
- 7+ years minimum professional work experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Experience in strategy development, product launch mechanisms, and prior financial/analytics experience
- Ability to understand and learn diverse Acute Renal therapeutic areas
- Significant cross-functional leadership capabilities in a matrix organization with ability to lead, collaborate various stakeholders (functions, regions, country/clusters) and influence without authority.
- Proven success in driving for results, taking ownership with entrepreneurial spirit to get things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including significant experience presenting complex business cases to senior cross-functional audiences and executive committees, a must
- Experience working in a strategy/management consulting firm advising senior stakeholders, a plus
- Experience and skilled at framing and guiding strategic problem solving to inform decision-making, leveraging hypotheses generations, secondary data analyses and other analytical tools. Able to apply these approaches to solving complex business problems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.