Sr. IT Manager, Global Security Architecture and Engineering
Note: Relocation Support may be Available
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Manages the development, implementation, execution and operations of Baxter´s global information Security Architecture and Engineering processes, including Enterprise and Security Architect and Technology Research and Development.
• Responsible for an information security architecture framework/standards that govern security practices globally, enabling risk based control decisions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of electronic personal and health information as well as other corporate data.
• Responsible for key activities including key oversight of information security engineering and drives implementation of the target security architecture.
• Very hands on, an active member of the team, helping to drive objectives forward as much, or more, than his/her team members.
• Design enterprise/systems security throughout development life cycle; translates technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into security designs and processes
• Conducts software/systems engineering research to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated
• Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems
• Proposes budgets for projects/programs
• Makes detailed plans for the development of new products and designs
• Review, analyze and report on emerging technologies and their effect on the cybersecurity posture of Baxter medical devices and products
• Architect, design, implement, assess and support advanced and diverse cybersecurity
• Ability to independently manage overall team workload with little or no oversight
• Identify and implement process improvements in architecture and/or infrastructure of existing systems within cybersecurity
• Determine staff, training, and equipment needs
• Hire and supervise staff
• Check the technical accuracy of work done by their team
• Ensure the soundness of methods used by their team
• Use knowledge of security architecture and engineering to oversee a variety of activities
• Coordinates the activities of the team with the activities of other business and IT teams
• Remain up to date on new and emerging technologies within area of technical expertise and serves as resources to other Baxter departments
• Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, computer technology, engineering, mathematics, information management or related field required. Master’s degree desirable
• Ten years’ experience working within the Healthcare Industry
• Five years’ experience with regulatory controls such as HITECH Act and HIPAA Laws
• Certifications such as:
o CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
o CISSP-ISSAP: Information Systems Security Architecture Professional
o CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
o CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
o CSSA: Certified SCADA Security Architect
• Highly proficient, concise and articulate verbal and written communication skills to a wide range of audiences including business executive, end-users, and technical partners
• Effective customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a team environment; motivate and work with others to accomplish tasks; and deal honestly and directly with others
• Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
• 10-15 years’ experience in Information Security with a strong leadership and operational background and proven track record of accomplishments in cybersecurity within a large, complex, multi-location organization
• Familiarity with developing architecture for manufacturing organizations is highly desirable
• Demonstrated track record implementing and successfully leading, often through work products, a cybersecurity engineering and architecture program is strongly preferred
• Seasoned professional with health care experience (preferred) that has a deep understanding of business and manufacturing operations as well as the current business issues and technology trends influencing the health care sector is desired
• Experience in the medical technology/device industry (preferred)
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.