Material Handler - Warehouse Dept
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, stores, and distributes material, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties (as well as the documentation & data entry related to these activities). Ensuring the inventory accuracy of the warehouse is maintained.
- Processing the receipt of all inbound freight by packing slip and purchase order, as well as processing all outbound shipments from the warehouse ensuring all shipments are labeled correctly.
- Prepare parcels for shipping.
- Responsible for replenishing product that has been received into its assigned stocking location and processing, picking, packing, staging, and shipping.
- Assist the warehouse specialist in cycle counting as needed.
- Help direct the workflow in the receiving area, setting priorities and meeting deadlines for the receiving function
- Reads production schedule, work order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Fills work orders, material request, sample request and distributes to Manufacturing, Engineering, and/or Quality teams.
- Kit/stage work orders in specified sequence according to the production schedule.
- Maintain material handling equipment and report any potential problems.
- Performs physical counts, spot-checks, and periodic inventory verification, as well as monthly/annual physical inventory and record keeping.
- Keep raw material, MRO, and Finished Good racks neat and organized. And keep receiving area, and aisles clean, organized, and free of hazards and obstructions
- Advise warehouse specialist or supervisor of out-of-stock items upon discovery
- Transfer material to the production lines from the warehouse physically and in the inventory control system. And transfer “return to stock” material back to the warehouse physical location and in the inventory control system
- Accurately & immediately enter inventory transactions into inventory system to ensure real-time accuracy.
- Maintain effective communication with customers, co-workers, and other team members
- Works with quality receiving and inspection department to ensure materials are properly staged for sampling, proper samples are available with labels, and staged in proper area(s).
- Assists the warehouse specialist and supervisor in resolving discrepancies and product misplacement.
- Complies with SOPs, GMPs, safety rules and regulations, and departmental procedures.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Drives forklift or operates material handling equipment to transport stored items from various warehouse locations.
- Own a designated 6S area and keeps working area clean
- Assists in completing preventive maintenance activities.
- Update visual boards used in communicating material issues, work order status, daily performance, accountability tracking, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of warehouse and/or technical office experience.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Proficient in warehouse management systems and pc environments.
- Must be able to lift 10-50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
High school diploma or equivalent required, AA preferred.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.