Sr. Financial Analyst – Corporate Controllers Group
Req #: 170009TR_en
Location: Deerfield, IL US
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Date Posted: 11/14/2017 5:31:12 PM
|Sr. Financial Analyst – Corporate Controllers Group
Baxter International Inc.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• The Corporate Consolidations Senior Financial Analyst supports the Baxter global monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated close process.
• High visibility access to senior leadership, supporting Baxter’s global Finance organization
• Accurate/timely preparation of internal and external financial schedules. External schedules support the 10-Q, 10-K, Annual Report and quarterly press releases
• Partnering with GBUs, International Region Finance Teams, Investor Relations, and Global Planning to ensure accurate/timely reporting and consolidation of monthly financial data, including required GAAP/management adjustments, and accounting support
• Prepare/manage month end close entries in HFM
• Prepare analysis over financial statement impacts from foreign exchange
• Perform financial statement analysis/present results to members of the Corporate Controller’s Group
• Perform quarterly analysis over working capital/cash flow movements and present in a team setting to finance leadership
• Interaction with internal/external auditors on SOX compliance and the annual audit process
• Focus on strengthening processes / use of financial systems and improving analysis/cycle time for monthly consolidation while maintaining appropriate level of internal controls and in support of Baxter 2020 goals and initiatives
• Facilitate integrating any future acquisitions into Baxter global consolidation and financial reporting processes
• Strong analytical skills/decision-making capabilities
• Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and financial statement analysis
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills as well as being detail oriented
• Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and escalate or resolve issues appropriately. Proven ability to meet financial deadlines
• Working knowledge of systems such as Hyperion Financial Management and JDE
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications
• Typically, 3-5 years of related experience.
• CPA and/or CMA preferred
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access
to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.