Director, Therapy Marketing
Title: Director, Therapy Marketing
Location: Deerfield, IL
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Director of Therapy Marketing’s primary responsibility will be to develop integrated marketing and educational strategies and tactics to support best-in-class commercialization for the Advanced Surgery business. This includes developing a portfolio approach to go-to-market strategies. This person will leverage medical/clinical and commercial insights (partnering with Medical Affairs, Global product managers, and Country teams) to develop and execute a clinically based portfolio marketing plan. This position requires a seasoned leader who can lead a cross functional team in driving therapeutic specialty solutions across the portfolio. This position will have direct interface with global thought leaders, global advocacy associations, Baxter leadership, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, and Global Product Managers.
1. Translate the science into actionable and impactful marketing and educational strategies and tactics that resonate with core physician targets
2. Develop portfolio value proposition by key therapeutic specialty areas for product lines to maximize cross selling opportunities and to drive growth. Ensure effective implementation of marketing strategies.
3. Oversee development and execution of global go-to-market product launch plans to facilitate portfolio positioning. Help guide global product teams and in country teams to ensure global product launch excellence.
4. Work closely with Global Product Managers and Medical Affairs to develop therapy messages based on existing evidence base. Work cross functionally to develop evidence generation plan to support increased therapy adoption. Develop and drive execution of subsequent publication and podium strategy.
5. Develop relationships with therapy thought leaders as well as organize and lead physician advisory boards. Strategically build and leverage customer advocates to reinforce key messages.
6. Set global strategy and editorial calendar for HEMOVISION events.
global training initiatives to ensure consistency of brand and product
positioning throughout all regions.
8. Provide marketing input into Business Development initiatives throughout evaluation.
9. Create environment or need for competitive intelligence data.
10. Contribute to strategic plan development and coordinate input and efforts of product management.
11. Lead direct report team of global sales training, digital strategy, graphic design, and marketing analytics.
Solid strategic planning abilities and business acumen. Solid track record in leading projects to successful completion and leading experienced teams (internal and external resources). Strong ability to understand market trends, financial data, customer needs, and assess competitive intelligence data. Ability to develop and execute communication plans, messaging and branding campaigns. Strong skills in the areas of pricing, reimbursement, and creative product/program development.
Master’s degree preferred with minimum of eight to twelve years’ experience in marketing; health-care/medical device industry experience is a benefit. Proven track record in successfully launching new products and managing project teams. Background in strategic planning and business development helpful.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.