Production Maintenance Technician
Summary: Summarize the function(s) of the job and reflect the basic purpose why the position exists.
Successful candidate will work independently supporting maintenance needs of complex, automated
manufacturing equipment. Maintains a high level of knowledge of the manufacturing processes and equipment to
provide support to all needs in all areas. May assist on the design and development of new equipment or
processes. Requires strong time management skills to effectively manage project work with unscheduled
Maintenance activities include advanced troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems, using
the PLC and online ladder logic to troubleshoot machine control issues, equipment performance improvement
projects, process validation activities and preventative maintenance. Due to the nature of this position, a very high
degree of initiative, teamwork and communication are required. Is expected to lead by example through compliance
to all safety and regulatory requirements, demonstrates a good work ethic, performs to high standards and supports
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will
perform other duties as assigned):
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be
· Independently troubleshoots complex, automated equipment with a high degree of quality in a sustained
quick and reliable problem solving/correction process.
· Supports and performs planned maintenance activities, including preventive maintenance, throughout
· Continues to learn complex equipment by studying equipment manuals, conducting internet research and
utilizing internal knowledge to keep abreast of new technologies, processes and/or equipment. Works
within Service Technician group to assist in increasing technical knowledge the technical capabilities of
less experienced technicians.
· Works with engineers and others during the building and installation of new equipment to ensure attention
to maintenance of new equipment, prepares new machine documentation from equipment suppliers based
on Gambro’s operating standards.
· Responsible for knowing and following all safety and compliance requirements by maintaining cleanliness
within work area, ensuring proper hygiene in work areas at all times and maintaining good documentation
practices on all required paperwork.
· Technically identifies and supports process optimization through equipment design improvements, changes
to operating procedures and maintenance activities. Implements permanent corrective actions to eliminate
· Supports equipment validation activities in house or at vendor locations by following Gambro’s standard
operating and compliance procedures
· Performs written documentation and regulatory recordkeeping responsibilities as defined in the standard
operating procedures for equipment maintenance. Enters data into SAP for tracking purposes.
· May be required to perform other duties and/or lead special projects as required or assigned, reasonably
within the scope of the duties listed above. May be required to work on other shifts and/or willing to be
“on call” as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS: List minimum level required to perform the job competently:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Associates degree or above preferred.
· 8 years practical and comprehensive knowledge required.
· Experience and aptitude for redesign and modification to enhance equipment performance.
· Must have good understanding of programmable logic controllers, using the PLC as a troubleshooting tool.
· Ability to modify or develop control logic to enhance equipment performance.
· Strong troubleshooting and project management skills.
· Requires advanced knowledge of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems.
· Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical drawings, flowcharts, and/or other drawings of a technical
· Skilled in Microsoft applications, MS Word and MS Excel.
· Ability to work under pressure and respond with a sense of urgency.
· Continuing and broadening knowledge and scope in maintenance techniques and new equipment technologies.
· Ability to train less experienced team members.
· Work effectively and professionally with employees, team members, engineers, manufacturing management,
etc., by using good interpersonal communication skills.
· Formal technical degree in electronics, automation systems or related field. Substitution of degree with
relevant experience is evaluated on a case-by-case basis to the specific skills required in the work area.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical requirements for a position will vary. These must be reviewed with
the supervisor and should be attached here.
· Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows
· Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery
· Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting
aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
· Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
· Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
· Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.