Sr Spec, IT
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Reporting to the Program Management Office (PMO) Lead and maintaining responsibility for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and providing a single point of contact for those projects. Take projects from the original concept through final implementation. Interface with all areas affected by the project, including end users, computer services, and client services. Define project scope and objectives and develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conduct project meetings, maintain responsibility for project tracking and analysis, ensure adherence to quality standards, and review project deliverables. Manage the integration of vendor tasks, track and review vendor deliverables, and provide technical and analytical guidance to the project team. Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and resolution of problems.
Experience with managing software development projects through multiple software development life cycles
Experience with Microsoft Project
Experience with leading and managing teams
Experience with project management in a global environment.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- First level university degree.
- 6+ years of experience with IT systems project management.
- Project Management Profession (PMP) or PRINCE2 certification required.
- Familiarity with IT Security Programs is a plus
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying:
- IT Project Management principles, methods, and practices
- IT Systems Development Life Cycle management concepts
- Performance monitoring principles and methods
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage and delegate tasks as needed
- Technical Aptitude
- In-depth analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong leadership skills to drive cross functional teams and actions
- Advanced presentation skills to narrate clear and concise conversations and information based on audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Presents to various levels of management
- Ability to work with global, virtual teams
- Ability to travel to global locations
- Experience with working in a diverse organizational environment
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently