Sr Analyst, IT
Greetings from Baxter!!
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of
medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care
We are looking for Technical Writer who will be responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions in a clear and concise manner and working with security managers to ensure accuracy of documents
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Meet with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, to establish technical specifications.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
- VISIO flowcharts, specifications, mockups, and device workflows and Ensure fields flow in the correct sequence.
- Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides on controls, standards, operating procedures, playbooks and instruction manuals.
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson.
- Gather information on their subjects in libraries and on the web.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or forms to go along with rough drafts.
- Create communication alerts and reports on current trends in fields such as Cybersecurity
- Write clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Submit final draft to managers for feedback and adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
- Follow a life cycle called document development life cycle.
- Release the document following final approval.
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in a technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Familiar with the NIST security framework involving one or more of the following platforms is desired