Environmental Cleaning Services Lead
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Environmental Cleaning Specialist Lead is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by managing and coordinating employees and processes within the facility’s disinfection and sanitization program. The lead will also provide knowledge to colleagues by exemplifying proficiency in aseptic technique.
Essential Job Duties
- Knowledge of Aseptic Technique
- Promote a safe work environment
- Act as a process expert to their assigned area
- Train and mentor other employees
- Review cleaning documentation and records, assigning and assign PM’s (Preventative Maintenance
- Identify any deviations that may occur and take appropriate preventative and corrective action
- Perform aseptic audits on personnel with immediate corrective action response
- Perform weekly room inspections and create work orders for maintenance issues
- Delegate, direct, and manage assigned activities to Environmental Cleaning Specialists
- Perform industrial pharmaceutical grade cleanings in a cleanroom production and manufacturing
- Participate or lead troubleshooting activities with Quality, Manufacturing and Maintenance personnel
on the floor
- Communicate with oncoming and outgoing shift personnel to obtain information regarding any issues
with cleaning, down time, lack of supplies, materials, etc. encountered during the previous shift
- Investigate, identify and correct or escalate any inefficiency within the sanitization program
- Take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and
Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Can include working in a Class I, Class II, Class III or Class IV Controlled Environment which may include
the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, ear plugs, hairnet, beard cover, isolation
mask, gown, hood, boots or shoe covers and gloves. Additional PPE is required when cleaning
- There is constant or intermittent noise and vibration
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- This position involves working around moving equipment, machinery and conveyors
- Requires working with chemical cleaners and disinfectants on a daily basis
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- One year experience cleaning a controlled environment in the medical or manufacturing industry
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work
instructions including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Minimum 6 months of demonstrated leadership skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn/use enterprise
software (i.e. POMS and Maximo)
- Requires the ability stand/walk frequently throughout the shift.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to squat, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and
bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.