Group Mgr, Sales Training
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Drive strategic direction for training and development of all sales team members across all regions in the Advanced Surgery Baxter business. Lead the development of resources and implementation of processes that support global, region, and country level training and development. Consult with key business functions, including marketing and sales management, to ensure ongoing training and development meets current marketing strategy, and is delivered effectively using adult learning principles. Drive professional skills development of sales managers and sales team members. Lead the design and implementation of an innovative training curriculum for new sales professionals, annual training, and advanced training. Ensure that Advanced Surgery Sales Teams around the world are consistently trained and adequately equipped to deliver clinically relevant information to health care professionals to drive preference and choice for the Baxter Advanced Surgery portfolio over competitive alternatives. Develop a team of country level field trainers that serve as subject matter experts who design & deliver effective training across their respective region.
- Leads development of the strategic vision for sales training in partnership with the regions that aligns with current and future marketing and sales strategies and drives the organization toward continuous improvement and learning.
- Assess current global sales training environment and provide leadership in design and delivery of training for the current and future needs of the organization in a global, customer-centric environment.
- Partner with global marketing team members to align on global and local training to support implementation of global marketing strategy.
- Partner with sales training to align on training strategy and implementation.
- Impact sales team member achievement of sales results through targeted training programs and initiatives.
- Lead team of country level field trainers to design local level training plans, transfer and implement core global training (e-based courseware, materials), and support training localization (as needed based on business priority).
- Drive the implementation of training needs assessments and identify training initiatives to address any gaps or opportunities.
- Incorporate the use of digital and/or virtual learning tools into training strategy and execution.
- Lead leadership development initiatives for field sales managers, emerging sales leaders, regional/field trainers and sales team members.
- Drive sales training strategies for product launches. Serve as key member of product launch teams.
- Select vendor & consultant services to augment sales training and development initiatives as needed.
- Maintain training and development expertise (via research, benchmarking, and continuously seeking industry knowledge) to ensure Baxter sales training initiatives are on the cutting edge.
- Participate in leadership teams as needed to provide clinical and technical expertise and/or provide process facilitation.
- Expertise in all aspects of training design and development (assessment of training needs, design, develop, and implementation of training to achieve desired training result).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set vision and gain results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate, coach, and develop individuals and lead a team to achievement of goals.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated results orientation and high productivity through effective partnering with team members in multiple functions and at all levels, and across multiple geographies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the selling process - ability coach others on training that enhances selling effectiveness.
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating groups and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time.
- Inspires people through high standards and stretch goals.
Bachelor’s degree required; master's preferred. Training and management experience in healthcare industry required (must provide evidence of successful assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training programs and initiatives). Selling experience in healthcare industry with demonstrated success preferred. Successful healthcare industry training, marketing, or clinical experience also acceptable. Typically 3 to 5 years in sales / sales management plus 3 to 5 years’ experience in sales training. Program development experience is also required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.