Senior Financial Analyst X 12
Req #: 17000988_en
Location: Dublin, L IE
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Date Posted: 10/23/2017 3:11:20 AM
Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Our employees around the world are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us as a company in doing work that matters.
Do you want to know why it is so wonderful to work for Baxter? Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
At Baxter, we are building a best-in-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We are implementing a transformative program which will streamline processes, enhance systems, improve forecasting accuracy, strengthen business partnerships and enhance opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth.
Purpose of Role:
This new position is an extension of the local country FP&A team. This position interacts with the EMEA FP&A Centre of Expertise (CoE) leadership team as well as in-country finance and business partners within the EMEA Region (i.e. Western Europe and ECEMEA). This position will support the strategic planning process, annual budgeting and forecasting processes and monthly performance reviews. In addition, this position will support high value-added business analytics as well as drive the development of senior management presentations for this dynamic and growing region..
- Liaise with the FP&A Global Delivery Centre (GDC) and other cross-functional leads to support the creation of budgets, forecasts and management reports, while ensuring compliance with all quality / control requirements
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly reports, balance sheet reviews, forecasts, and the annual budget / strategic plan preparation
- Coordinate closely with local country business partners and finance teams to review projections, budgets and historical results
- Deliver a comprehensive monthly reporting package for management, including monthly reviews of budget vs. actual results and variances with P&L/cost centre owners
- Perform any necessary resource allocations to ensure effective ROI on investments
- Coordinate escalation / identification of issues and advise Finance leadership of potential business and / or operational risks
- Partner with FP&A Regional, Local, and Corporate resources within commercial and manufacturing/supply chain organizations to understand, drive and support decision making ensuring alignment with strategic objectives
- Perform strategic ad hoc reporting and financial analysis to assess business performance and facilitate decision making and business support
- Update process flows, operating manuals, training guides, and standard operating procedures as needed
Support Finance leadership with process improvement, policy development, and / or strategic initiatives (e.g., business systems, processes, and / or policies)
Who you are:
Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 4 + years of relevant experience with financial planning and reporting
- Strong technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of: internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Strong analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Strong financial modelling skills preferred, experience in statistical modelling techniques is a plus
Knowledge of JD Edwards (JDE), Hyperion Planning, and Cognos preferred
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Power Point and Excel skills
Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or part qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as required
- English: Native or bilingual proficiency required
- One additional European language required
- Additional hours at critical times (eg, month end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require Public Holiday, and weekends
What we offer
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
We can offer a great benefits package including professional examination support and an excellent career path; we are a Platinum approved ACCA employer
If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to http://www.baxter.com/careers.page
Who we are
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access.