FP & A Director, EMEA
Req #: 17000984_en
Location: Dublin, L IE
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Date Posted: 11/3/2017 6:25:12 PM
FP & A Director, EMEA
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Our employees around the world are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us as a company in doing work that matters.
Do you want to know why it is so wonderful to work for Baxter? Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
At Baxter, we are building a best-in-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We are implementing a transformative program which will streamline processes, enhance systems, improve forecasting accuracy, strengthen business partnerships and enhance opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth.
Purpose of Role:
This new position is an extension of the local country FP&A team. This position interacts with the EMEA FP&A Centre of Expertise (CoE) leadership team as well as in-country finance and business partners within the EMEA Region (i.e. Western Europe and ECEMEA). This position will support the strategic planning process, annual budgeting and forecasting processes and monthly performance reviews. In addition, this position will support high value-added business analytics as well as drive the development of senior management presentations for this dynamic and growing region..
- Lead the design and execution of the Baxter EMEA Centre of Expertise (CoE)
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization in the EMEA CoE
- Lead the overall process for the long range plan, annual operating plan and budget process, as well as the quarterly reforecasting process
- Collaborate with senior members of the FP&A team and Global Planning to manage the annual planning calendar involving coordination of strategic plan, budget, and forecasts
- Work closely with local country business partners, Finance directors, and their teams to review projections, budgets and historical results, as well as set deadlines, templates, reporting requirements and global standards
- Drive expense management and resource allocation decisions to ensure effective ROI on investments
- Advise business leaders on key strategic business decisions by providing insightful variance and trend analyses
- Partner with FP&A Regional and Corporate leaders to drive standardized processes and share best practices
- Supervise, manage and develop a staff comprising of Senior Managers, Managers and Senior Financial Analysts
- Oversee goal setting, workload balancing, teambuilding, professional development, and general operating parameters of the FP&A function
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience working in a Finance function; coupled with diversified experience in financial reporting, forecasting, planning, and ad hoc related analyses
- Global experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of economic practices and accounting principles; the analysis and reporting of financial and operational data, experience in a health care equipment & services industry is preferred
- Extensive technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of: internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Provides expert guidance and advisory based on complex synthesis of projection/forecasting information that influences other activities such as pricing, financial planning etc.
- Proficient in advanced financial modelling and statistical techniques and selects the appropriate technique to address the problem at hand
- Knowledge of JD Edwards (JDE), Hyperion Planning, and Cognos helpful
- Proven ability to interact with senior management and influence outcomes across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management
- Ability to meet the rigorous deadlines of a growth company, multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to align efforts to the strategic objectives of the company
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required; Advanced Degree MBA/ CPA/ ACCA/CIMA preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as required
- English: Native or bilingual proficiency required
- French, German: Professional proficiency a plus
- Additional hours at critical times (eg, month end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require Public Holiday, and weekends
What we offer
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
We can offer a great benefits package including professional examination support and an excellent career path; we are a Platinum approved ACCA employer
If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to http://www.baxter.com/careers.page