Senior Audit Consultant
Job Description - Summary of Job
Audit Consultant/Sr. Audit Consultant is responsible for project-level planning and execution of financial and systems audit,
risk management and consulting services to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, senior management, business
units and corporate functions. Serves as a project lead on audits.
Job Description - Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Audit Consultant leads and participates in a variety of financial and operational audits and special projects in Baxter's
international operations. Responsibilities include:
1. Performing as project lead in engagement planning.
2. Supervise on-site of audits through reviewing and validating business processes, technology, systems, financial and
operational controls, assessing financial and management reporting and business practices, and identifying opportunities
for improvements to controls, financial statement accuracy or financial results.
3. Project Leader in the field for audits and other projects. Direct and develop the audit team
4. Execute more complex audit test plans.
5. Communicate audit results to customers, as a primary liaison of the project management team.
6. Assist in the coordination, management and/or execution of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance
7. Lead less complex special projects on due diligence on potential acquisition targets, consulting on financial system
implementations and business practice investigations.
1. Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Strong technical and financial knowledge, including internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as
understanding of relevant business environment.
4. Ability to work in a team and results oriented environment, often cross functional.
5. Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications (ie. Excel/Access) and Baxter systems (JDE, Hyperion, Aida).
6. Ability to manage and measure projects and the work of others.
7. Detail oriented.
Key Finance Competencies:
1. Business Process & Data Management.
2. Accounting & Reporting Integrity.
3. Risk Management.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, and at least 4-5 years of experience, preferably audit experience in the Big 4.
Appropriate accounting or audit certification and foreign language skills are preferred.