Maintenance Technician- 6th Shift
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
8UMTN - Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Description of Duties: Manufacturing Maintenance Technicians will ensure safe and and efficient operation of plant equipment through hands on maintenance and the following initiatives..
• Directly supports PMT, TPM, and energy reduction activities through team membership, innovative thinking, and completion of assigned projects.
• Performs equipment modifications including required change control documentation (MR)
• Involved in safety solutions
Training: will be a resource in B-4 mechanic and manufacturing operator skill training.
• Predictive maintenance tools – Develop opportunities to use predictive tools by attending training and then training others in Laser Alignment – Vibration Analysis – Infrared – Ultrasonic
• Develop tools (jigs) for standard equipment checks
• Preventative Maintenance generation and or refinement of existing PM’s.
• Analyze machine failures for root cause and implement corrective actions
• Assist in annual inspections
• Monitor parts spending and reliability trends
• Utilize a laptop to communicate with PLC’s and Servos to diagnose issues
• Use a drawing package, multi-meter and other diagnostic equipment to determine electrical issues.
• Diagnose mechanical wear, alignment, adjustment, and setup issues
• Develop standard work for troubleshooting and setups/changeovers
• New Equipment installs – works with engineers, vendors, and equipment suppliers
• Installation support – act as lead technician on floor, directing central maintenance and other supporting groups
• Factory acceptance testing – works with engineer and quality to accept new equipment
• Willing to travel with overnight stays for factory acceptance and training
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (Pro) for maintenance related SOP’s
• Proficient in EMR, MR, CWR, Cleaning reports, and other equipment related documentation as applicable to the area.
• Well organized
• Self-motivated to achieve goals and require little supervision
• Ability to develop a concept from general requirements
• Willing to work various shifts and overtime as required to support NC operations
• Willing to work in other departments as needed
• Standard NC Attendance/Discipline policy requi5rements apply
• 2 years’ experience in the area posting the job (within the last 6 years) preferred
• Interview Requirements – Resumes and applications must be submitted within the posted time requirement. Candidates will be selected for interview based on the criteria contained in the MMT application package. The interview team will select the best candidate for the position out of the pool of candidates (similar to MIT program).
Position need is on a 12 hour Night Shift (7:00 pm - 7:00 am)
1) As specified in the Duties and Responsibilities section. 2) High School Diploma is required 3) 3 - 5 years of mechanical systems repair is desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.