Health Systems Business Manager (HBM) Anesthesia-East Area
Health Systems Business Manager (HBM) Anesthesia
Responsible for managing Anesthesia agreements in Key IDNs throughout the East Coast. Responsible for driving incremental value, growth and access to decisional customers (stakeholders) in the assigned HBM Territory. Utilizes process excellence expertise while working in alignment with AVP, IDN Director, Pharmacy Region Manager, Portfolio Region Manager and Anesthesia Field Sales Teams (Field) to insure Baxter and Stakeholder objectives are achieved and sustained. Responsible for meeting financial and expense goals. Works in a matrix environment, collaborating with the Field and Franchise Teams to help create tailored contract and market based solutions that will drive Anesthesia growth in Baxter’s identified IDN customers.
§ Responsible for driving Anesthesia sales growth at assigned IDN customers.
§ Develops value based solutions and relationships with clinical, financial, operational and other key decision makers including but not limited to purchasing, pharmacy and medical surgical stakeholders.
§ Responsible for Anesthesia contract negotiation, solution development, coordinating selling and other activities with the Field for assigned IDN customers that may cross multiple geographies
§ Works collaboratively in the matrix, develops and follows appropriate communication cadence.
§ Provides input into the broader USHP multi-year Integrated Health System or Regional Group Purchasing Agreement for the assigned IDN customers.
§ Works with the IDN Director and the Field to create and execute consistent quarterly business reviews (QBR) that capture, document and maximize the cumulative value of the relationship- at the assigned IDN.
§ Contributes to the RFP/RFI proposal strategy for assigned IDN, helps develop the win theme and build on previous success.
§ Leads by example and follows internal approval processes including but not limited to funnel (pipeline) management, deal review, the RACI model and a consistent cadence with the Field.
§ Insures contracting, reporting and communication requirements are met for assigned IDN customers.
§ Successfully manage contract negotiation, compliance communication and asset tracking programs in assigned IDN accounts.
· Customer Focus – Cultivates strong, value based customer relationships and ensures the customer perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities. Proven ability to translate customer objectives that are relevant to our business and develop solutions that address our Customer’s changing environment. Experience identifying decision makers and their levels of influence, including the ability to prioritize efforts based on our Customer’s buying cycle
· Solution Development – Demonstrated ability to engage the customer in the account planning and solution development process and work collaboratively to identify and present value based solutions. Ability to drive commitments, identify and document product utilization programs and develop customized solutions. Experience financial business process excellence tools.
· Product and Subject Matter expertise Product knowledge of the Anesthesia Franchise product portfolio and ability to establish relationships with customers involved in the purchasing process for IDN within their geography. Ability to answer questions and highlight product features and benefits appropriately, on label, utilizing approved marketing materials
· Professionalism and excellent communication skills – Conveys an image aligned with Baxter’s core values and vital behaviors. Demonstrates leadership qualities, traits and demeanor that command respect with internal and external customers. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively even when relating complex information; demonstrates the ability to organize information and proactively shares information within and across a matrixed organization; listens actively; clarifies what people say to ensure understanding; tailors message to audience
· Business Acumen– Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of relevant Healthcare industries and markets, economic trends and value drives, threats and opportunities, current growth and future potential for Baxter and our customers.
· Sales Leadership – Must have strong sales leadership abilities, financial acumen, and analytical skills. Must be skilled in the areas of funnel management, communication, and proven negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external customers and bring multiple business opportunities to close. Proven ability to influence and work collaboratively in a matrix sales organization and drive accountability and performance through others without direct authority
· Critical Thinking and problem solving skills:
Proactively assesses impacts of decisions or changes; quickly comprehends implications of actions – can think several steps ahead; zeros in on critical information; sees subtleties among issues; recognizes complexity and sets personal biases aside; uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems; objective when obtaining and analyzing information; probes appropriate sources for answers; can see hidden problems and patterns; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; able to develop solutions and make recommendations based on analysis and experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5 years minimum of consultative and product sales experience in Anesthesia
· Proven large account management experience with multiple clinical preference products, services and / or devices
· Proven track record of multiple years of consistent sales objective achievement in a matrix environment
· Proven and disciplined use of sales process and pipeline management
· Travel estimated at 50% +
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.