BCU Collection Specialist
1. Manage a portfolio of early and late stage delinquent account holders within the BCU loan and credit card portfolios ensuring adequate collection efforts are performed to reduce delinquency and mitigate losses while maintaining excellent member service.
2. Duties include analysis of member credit profiles and referral of accounts to foreclosure or repossession.
3. Contact members with outbound calls and handle inbound calls to counsel, negotiate and arrange for payment on loan, credit card and share accounts.
4. Perform proper collection activity including skip tracing, collateral and credit analysis as required to resolve complex delinquency issues.
5. Assist members with questions and attempt to resolve any issues outstanding on member accounts.
1. Responsible for achieving agreed upon delinquency and charge-off goals.
2. Responsible for all pre-charge-off collection activity on assigned collection accounts
3. Perform agreed upon quantity and quality of collection activity on assigned accounts. This includes working with members in addition to repossession agents, insurance companies and attorneys in order to resolve delinquency issues. Must perform thorough account follow up and ensure proper actions, documentation and analysis are being taken to resolve delinquent accounts
4. Assist the team in handling inbound calls or other member issues outside of assigned account workload
5. Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulatory and legal standards.
6. Additional duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Thorough knowledge of collection laws and procedures
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• PC Skills including a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
• Organizational and time management skills
• Results oriented while member service and quality focused
• Bi-lingual (English / Spanish) desired
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.