Technical Account Lead
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This role will be responsible to supervise all Technical Aides, manage daily activities within all sites of TSH. The role will approve payroll, schedule staff to cover all shifts at all sites. The role will also manage all performance matters including any disciplinary actions that may arise within the group. The role will work closely with management at TSH, Baxter Sales and Service. The role would report to the Regional Service Manager (Central Region). This role will also be main point of contact for Department Heads at TSH sites and provide monthly/quarterly business reviews with the Baxter Leadership team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Prepares Technical Aide schedules at least four weeks in advance and distributes to team. Ensures replacements for any absences (illness, no-show etc.) are dealt with as soon as possible. (sourcing replacement from team). Enters technician hours and schedules (for team) into payroll system.
Report any performance and/or health & safety concerns to Regional Service Manager
Responsible for the scheduling of the Field Service Representatives duties and all preventative and corrective maintenance on all devices.
Ensure that daily water verifications and disinfection of equipment and Water Carts at all service contract sites are maintained by Technical Aides
Train and recertify Technical Aides for new hires and ongoing re-certifications and ensure completion of ISOtrain requirements.
Maintain monthly/quarterly business reviews with Department Heads and Baxter leadership.
Monitor service contract (includes work reports, PMs being scheduled, water system maintenance etc.) on-site performance (KPIs) of all Technicians on-site.
Ongoing ad-hoc projects and expansion of the business
Education and Experience
• Electronics or Biomedical diploma
• Science, Engineering, Business degree, or have started a degree program with completion within three years.
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Leadership courses and skills
• Working in a team environment
• Hospital experience (Renal or Biomedical)
• Field experience with a hospital or device manufacturer
Type of Experience
• Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership role.
• Experience in a dialysis unit and knowledge of dialysis would be a benefit.
• Ability to motivate team for further development.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair medical devices
• High level of Customer Service
• Ability to manage a team in hospital setting
• Manage budgets
Years of Experience
• Minimum 3 years in hospital setting
• Renal experience (Minimum 3 years)
• 5-10 years in the medical service industry
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Requires high level of organizational skills.
• Demonstrated people interactive skills, relating well to a wide variety of people.
• Must be professional and demonstrate high level of discretion;
• Must be able to work under pressure and time constraints
• Listens, consults others, and communicates proactively
• Ability to provide supervisory tasks over a team.
• Some scheduling experience would be a benefit
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.