VP, Finance, Global Operations & Quality
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services
play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This position reports into the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and serves as a key finance strategic business partner for the Senior Vice President of Operations, Senior Vice President of Quality, and the staffs of those senior leaders.
Strategy, Planning and Financial Management
- Provide strategic business leadership to business partners by leveraging understanding of critical business drivers, industry information and financial expertise to enable the business to identify and solve business issues.
- Accountable for defining the Long-Range and Annual Financial Plan processes across Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality, as well as monthly reporting and analysis. Drive fact based forecasting and planning processes to ensure the organization delivers timely and accurate forecasts and plans that are consistent with internal and external expectations. Drive processes to course correct throughout the year to achieve financial plans and forecasts.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with local regulations, GAAP, SEC requirements and Baxter’s Financial Policies and Procedures across Manufacturing & Supply Chain. Ensure overall integrity of financial reporting.
- Define capital process management and approval for Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality. Accountable for capital approvals.
- Define and drive how Manufacturing and Supply Chain finance will integrate into key business processes across Manufacturing & Supply Chain.
- Drive Finance change agenda and ensure success of new operating model.
- Partner closely with Finance teams in regions and corporate.
- Accountable for partnering on business development initiatives and driving integration activities.
- Drive best practice sharing of key process, methodologies and tools across Manufacturing & Supply Chain.
- Build a strong and cohesive team of future leaders through coaching, development, motivation and empowerment. Drive team building and alignment of goals.
- Ability to not only optimize operational expenses and/or grow top line revenues, but increase the financial returns of the business.
- Skilled in successfully leading a team and developing future leaders through coaching, development and empowerment.
- Excellent business acumen including broad knowledge and perspective on the business as well as ability to anticipate future trends and consequences accurately.
- Strong Business leader who will drive value creation and change throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively influence diverse stakeholders; demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Decisive leadership, with ability to generate ideas, develop alternatives, rapidly decide upon best course of action and drive implementation of that decision
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Fifteen plus years plus overall experience working across multiple finance and functional disciplines in a highly complex global organization including at least ten years of management experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, and comfortable with , tax issues and statutory accounting.
- Proven experience in directly working with senior management as a business partner driving results and contributing to the success of the business.
- Significant experience delivering on commitments and maximizing financial returns of both mature and growth businesses through the development of a strategic vision and execution of operating plans.
- Overall knowledge/understanding of multiple finance disciplines such as decision support, financial planning, reporting and analysis, finance management and legal reporting, manufacturing accounting, tax, treasury, and audit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.